Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6 inch lift with 16 inch rims?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
6 inch lift with 16 inch rims?

I have the base prerunner and i wana put a six inch lift . I was wondering if I got a 1.5 wheel spacer could I keep the 16 inch rims on it
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles allow you to run 16" rims.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Spindles allow you to run 16" rims.
This is true haven't made up my mind yet between the two
Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You get more ground clearance with spindles (better for offroad). Plus, you can add coilovers or 5100's to lift it even higher.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, you can't run 16 inch wheels with a Drop Bracket lift, due to tie-rod clearance. X2 on spindle lift, ride is a lot nicer vs A 6" DB lift which I think the ride is horrible.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
So maxtrac sells the cheapest spindles right now
Yea, but I would spend the extra money for Camburg's. Some guys are already reporting a lot of rust with the Maxtrac spindles.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Yea, but I would spend the extra money for Camburg's. Some guys are already reporting a lot of rust with the Maxtrac spindles.
Alright If I get the maxtrac spindles I'll put another layer of paint I guess