Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Cold feet!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Taco Guy11's Tacoma Gallery
Cold feet!

So i have my 3" lift Billys 5100 and 2" aal. The lift is to be installed Tuesday, but after reading things on here im getting scared. My truck has 9k on it and no problems yet. I hear horror storys of vibs on here. The biggest one that is scaring me away is the front diff since the lift with screw my warranty. Has anyone had a 3" lift go on with success with no front diff vibs? Thanks
Old 03-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Guy11 View Post
So i have my 3" lift Billys 5100 and 2" aal. The lift is to be installed Tuesday, but after reading things on here im getting scared. My truck has 9k on it and no problems yet. I hear horror storys of vibs on here. The biggest one that is scaring me away is the front diff since the lift with screw my warranty. Has anyone had a 3" lift go on with success with no front diff vibs? Thanks
I feel your pain. I was the same way. I have an ome 3 in getting installed next week and should know if i get vibes or not. Its the cons of getting a lift. Some people have it and some people don t. It shouldn't be that bad and about the warranty. I have only 20,000k on my truck and its going to void only the parts you replace i think. So if you change the shocks,spring and aals then they wont cover them. But you should be ok with the other parts. Just dont go hardcore offroading and you'll be fine. Dont worry.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Vibes.. Some people get them, and some people don't.. From what I have read, guys who buy the identical lift may get a vibe of some sort, and the other won't. I am not worried about my truck getting vibes,... I'm about to pull the trigger on the OME 3" lift in a few days!!!! I can't wait till I make that call
Old 03-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You'll probably get some kind of vibe you may or may not figure out a way to fix OP
Old 03-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
my 2012 has a bit of a vibe on take off sitting stock, my 08 with billstein 51000's and eibachs with 1.5'' AAL did not. I wouldn't worry about it whatsoever, there are fixes for vibes.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foihdzas View Post
Vibes.. Some people get them, and some people don't.. From what I have read, guys who buy the identical lift may get a vibe of some sort, and the other won't. I am not worried about my truck getting vibes,... I'm about to pull the trigger on the OME 3" lift in a few days!!!! I can't wait till I make that call
Hurry up and make the call lol. I brought from toytec and got shipped the same day.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
Swampmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I was the same way. Just do it!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
You gotta pay to play. You may or may not get any problems, but if you do, prepare to spend more money
Old 03-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys for the support I got the 3" kits from toytec 5100's eibachs 2" aal diff drop shims for under the aal and LR UCAs so hopefully it will work out well
Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
East coast gear supply has a fix for those of us with vibes and will be available in a few weeks! Fret not my friends!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #11

Is that for the front diff issue
Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Guy11 View Post
Is that for the front diff issue
Yes
Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to keep your warranty, don't modify your truck. It's pretty simple.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #14

How did east coast gear fix the problem?

I'm not really worried about warranty. My only question is does it void the whole warranty or just the parts it modifies
Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
The only parts that will not be covered under warranty is the aftermarket parts you install.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
The only parts that will not be covered under warranty is the aftermarket parts you install.
Not necessarily. The way the law works, the auto manufacturer can deny warranty coverage to failures caused by the modified/non-OEM parts.

This is a pretty flexible definition.

In reality, the manufacturer will probably deny warranty regardless, and hope you aren't willing to take them to arbitration to prove your case. Have fun dealing with that...OR...start doing your own wrenching.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Most of your vibes will some from the rear! Usually drivshaft angle from the lift! Lube all the zerk fittings to keep everything smooth as it's mostly the slip yoke/axle wrap type of thing, and hope for the best! I wouldn't worry about the front....diff drops dont do shit, just keep your CV's at good angles 2.5-3" and your fine if 4x! There's a certain amount of "crap" you'll have to put up with to lift a truck....it's worth it!