Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Broken AAL

Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Broken AAL

So today I decided to try and get my stock bump stops to work with my All-Pro u-bolt flip kit. I ended up flattening the ends out and then drilling and filing the middle out some more so that they can sit diagonal between two of nuts on the u-bolts. It worked out great I think

As I was putting the bump stop on the driver side I noticed this:

I was like "wtf lol" so I looked at the other side to confirm:

Yeah.. My AAL is broken in half. It's a good excuse to upgrade to an Icon 3 leaf AAL, or a whole new leaf pack, but I'm broke.. So this pretty gay (sorry if that offends anyone)

Anyone else ever heard of this happening? It's a Toytec 2" AAL.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
yikes!! hope this doesnt happen to my toytec AAL...

*going to check*
Old 03-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
yikes!! hope this doesnt happen to my toytec AAL...

*going to check*
It surprised the shit out of me. I just don't know how long it's been like that or why it hasn't fell out.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Broken AAL's can happen. You want to make sure the U bolts are torqued propperly, and check them every so often.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
and on a 2011?!

wtf?
Just because the truck is an '11, doesnt mean the AAL hasnt been sitting on the shelf for some time. Regardless, there could have been a weak point in the spring, and thats where it decided to break. Most aftermarket AAL's arent subject to the same quality control of OEM springs. Toytec should warrenty the spring.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
shit is pretty rusty, point taken
That's just a year of WV road salt. And it only snowed three times this year.