Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Possible Suspension upgrade, your thoughts?

Old 03-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Possible Suspension upgrade, your thoughts?

I purchased the truck with this setup installed. I have a front shock which is leaking and figured now is better then ever to attempt an upgrade.

Plan A: Purchase Toytec coilovers for the front and replace rear shocks with Bilstein 5100's.

This would rid the truck of the spacers and keep it around 2.5" ideal for my taste.

Plan B: Bilstein 5100 all around with eibach coil springs, yes cheaper option.

I know spacers have quite the rep around here but what do you guys think about the shackles in the rear? Is it worth swapping it out for an AAL? Granted I don't intend on attempting any hard core Off-Roading but would prefer a better quality rid on and the rare occasion I do some light Off-Roading.

Plan C: OME...

As always appreciate you looking and the feedback.

Budget wise I'd prefer to stay south of $1,250. edit.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll keep my options open.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
OME from what you've listed
Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Best bet is ome front. Billies all around and keep the shackles
Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Best bet is ome front. Billies all around and keep the shackles
Thats what i'm running. Bilstein 5100s all around with 885 OME Springs, a 2" AAL and light racing UCAs
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
C
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Thanks guys.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, did you purchase already?

You could get icons standard travel (no uca's needed) and rear 5100's for the same price! Much better ride and easier install for sure. Good luck though!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Just put in an OME in my 2nd gen. Rides better than stock, and I am very impressed. It was a better lift than I expected. Especially for the price.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with option B. And there's probably no point in swapping out the shackles for an AAL.

If you wanted to save even more money, you wouldn't even need to buy the Eibach coils. If you want to keep your current height, keep your stock coils and set the front Bilsteins at 2.5". That's the setup I have, and it rides great. You'd be out the door for under $400
Old 03-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Dude, did you purchase already?

You could get icons standard travel (no uca's needed) and rear 5100's for the same price! Much better ride and easier install for sure. Good luck though!
No, I haven't made the purchase yet. Looking around seems like shops are out of 5100's a.t.m. I wouldn't mind going OME just unsure about which springs to go with for 2.5"-3.0" in the front, I'm thinking 3" due to a future tube bump and with my truck being v6 & DC.