Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

tightening u-bolts

Old 03-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
tightening u-bolts

Installed a pair of Wheeler's (Alcan) 8-leaf springs a few weeks ago, and now it is about time to re-torque them (according to Wheeler's receipt).

Should I re-torque my leaf spring u-bolts while the truck is on the ground or jacked up? The FSM says that my torque wrench should be set at 90lbs for an 01 DC Prerunner.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if it matters but I do mine on the ground at ride height! Same with the eye bolts/shackle on the springs!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Won't matter. Do it whatever way is easier for you. Cross pattern torque them for best results with a calibrated torque wrench 40-80% of its range.