Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking for a small lift and need ideas

Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
ACLakey is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
ACLakey's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a small lift and need ideas

I am looking for a small lift or leveling kit for my 2012 Tacoma. I am going to be running 265/75/16 tires and am thinking a 2" front lift and a 1" lift in the rear will give me plenty of clearance. I was thinking of either 5100 in the front and an add a leaf in the rear or maybe just spacers in the front. What would you suggest and why? Any rig pics with a similar setup?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100's. Or OME coils/shocks. Add in an AAL for the rear.

See link for why Bilstein's are better than spacers:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...k8ySUvY_bW6Edg
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP...got a set of 5100's and toytec coils for sale if yer interested?
Used for about 3500 miles...3 months old...only off road once. $300.00
With billies set at .85" and the toytec coil at 1.5-1.6" truck sat perfectly level. Clears 285's with some trimming.

Reason for selling...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
caloy867 is on a distinguished road
caloy867's Tacoma Gallery
Will those fit the 2010 model?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
What's your location?might be interested....I have 2010 TRD Sport.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ventura county down to la. Where u at?
My bad OP for, kinda thread jacking. But my original point was that this setup would be perfect for what you're looking for...not too pricey, yet quality.
Hey Caloy just Pm me if you want.
And OP whatever you decide to do, stay away from spacers...please.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
Panorama City, I still have the stock suspension on my truck but got the TSB leaf done so got a little rake, will those shocks/spring level it?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
Penis Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloy867 View Post
Panorama City, I still have the stock suspension on my truck but got the TSB leaf done so got a little rake, will those shocks/spring level it?
No doubt...level..nose up...however you want it. Plus it'll improve you ride immensely.