LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just noticed scratch/scuff marks on my OME front shocks

Old 03-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed scratch/scuff marks on my OME front shocks

I was cleaning my truck last night and noticed that there were some significant scratches/scuffing on my front shocks (pics attached). I installed an OME lift (885Xs and N140S shocks) in May of 2011. LR UCAs and TP14 spacers were put on about five months later. Didnít notice the marks when I was putting the UCAs and spacers on, so it may have developed r.

Near as I can tell the marks are coming from the shroud on the shocks and not due to contact with the springs. The scuffing is also more significant on the driver side than the passenger side. Anyone else seen this? Iím less concerned about the cosmetic issue of the scratches and more worried about this being an indicator of a potential issue.