Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ome shocks right and left

Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Have a nice day
htuong95 is on a distinguished road

htuong95's Tacoma Gallery
ome shocks right and left

I am currently installing my OME lift kit. I just have couple of questions.

Are the front struts the same for both sides? The numbers are the same so I think it does not matter which side I put them in.

Does it matter if the word OME on the strut faces towards the front or rear?

What about the rear leaf packs?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by htuong95 View Post
I am currently installing my OME lift kit. I just have couple of questions.

Are the front struts the same for both sides? The numbers are the same so I think it does not matter which side I put them in.

Does it matter if the word OME on the strut faces towards the front or rear?

What about the rear leaf packs?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
None of the components are side-specific.

Also, shocks, not struts
Old 03-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Have a nice day
htuong95 is on a distinguished road

htuong95's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
None of the components are side-specific.

Also, shocks, not struts
Thanks for the information.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
rossivey is on a distinguished road
rossivey's Tacoma Gallery
if you add the trim spacer then it needs to go on the driver's side but it doesnt matter what shock you put it on.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossivey View Post
if you add the trim spacer then it needs to go on the driver's side but it doesnt matter what shock you put it on.
And as lot of folks get the shocks and springs pre-pressed (I did). If a trim pack spacer is added (you'd have to have requested that - it costs extra but has been reported to alleviate the 'Taco lean' many experience and provide a more level look).

Anyway, you'd certainly want to get the shock with the spacer on the driver side, if you went that route (I did).