Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ARB bumper too heavy?

Old 03-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
ARB bumper too heavy?

Thinking of an ARB bumper (part # 3423020) .....from what I can find it weighs 78 lbs

Just did a full OME lift.......is this bumper too heavy for my 881 coils?

Truck is 4 banger reg cab.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

My 1st build and doing it all wrong....LOL

First did new 31x10.5x15 for summer tires...then did the full OME lift with 881's cause I didn't see a plate bumper in the future

Now my tires look too small and I want a plate bumper for protection

I guess you never stop modding and spending$$

Maybe the ARB is too heavy for the 881's and I should find a lighter bumper to consider?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
all plate bumpers are close to the same weight...go on toyteclifts.com and look at the OME lift options it will tell you what springs are for what weight...im a 2nd gen guy not sure on all the specs for 1st gens......i can tell you that the OME real heavy duty springs still have a great ride even without a heavy bumper, winch,etc out front...so just get the heavy ones...the 881's will sell fast on here....get some 285's or like me get tall skinnys..look in our vendors section IMO there alot better nicer bumpers that are just as strong out there...demello,relentless,BAMF,savage off road....
Old 03-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless makes an aluminum bumper, about 40% lighter I think. Look into that maybe
Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
The ARB by itself shouldn't be much on your 881s. But, if you add a winch that's another 80lbs = 160lbs on your front now.

No winch, 881s should be just fine for the ARB... at least still in the margin.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #7

Thanks for the replys so far guys!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Well thats seems a bit light 78 lbs. The part number that you provided says 150 lbs, but I was thinking they were closer to 200 lbs. I have the 886 coils and they are perfect for the ARB and the winch
Old 03-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
Well thats seems a bit light 78 lbs. The part number that you provided says 150 lbs, but I was thinking they were closer to 200 lbs. I have the 886 coils and they are perfect for the ARB and the winch
Your a 2nd gen OP is a first gen our coils are different then the OP's
Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can't use 886s on 1st gens
Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
my bad guys But is the first gen arb 78 lbs?? Thats really light!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #13

Quote:
my bad guys But is the first gen arb 78 lbs?? Thats really light!!
yes ...that is what I thought...light...and the stock bumper/valence would be 20-30 lbs so in reality only adding 50 lbs to the front...unless of course I change my mind and want a winch as well

ARB Canada or US do not seem to show specs (weight)on their sites.....I came up with 78 lbs here...good install pics as well!
http://www.expeditionswest.com/equip...rb_bumper.html

maybe someone with this 1st gen ARB will chime in with the actual weight
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #14
wonton is a splendid one to beholdwonton is a splendid one to beholdwonton is a splendid one to beholdwonton is a splendid one to beholdwonton is a splendid one to beholdwonton is a splendid one to beholdwonton is a splendid one to behold
wonton's Tacoma Gallery
I weighed my 1st gen ARB bumper before putting it on. It was just under 80lbs. Much lighter than I thought.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
I weighed my 1st gen ARB bumper before putting it on. It was just under 80lbs. Much lighter than I thought.
That is great...thanks...that is what the link says above

Have any pics of it installed wonton?