Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ideas on 3" lift...sorry for being a newb.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
J-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the rough

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Ideas on 3" lift...sorry for being a newb.

Ok so I was wondering whats the best 3" kit for under $350. Also does it look bad with stock wheels, will it matter when i get new rims and tires? Last question whats the difference of a lift kit and a leveling kit. I read the lift FAQs but im still confused.

Im sorry for all the newb questions, I know a lot of you must sick of them. But what can I say Ive got to start somewhere. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
J-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the rough

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what i needed a clear simple answer. Im lifting for both reasons, however a bit more for looks than performance. Only because where I live there arent many places to go off road without driving a while.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
J-Bird, i'll help you install the lift. i got all the tools. You buy beer & pizza and we're good
Old 12-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #5

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
haha for sure nick im down. oh and don i want it for performance not just looks, i figure what the point if it doesnt serve a purpose.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #7

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info Brunes. Any ideas on some less expensive quality lifts? Oh and any thoughts on any of the toyotech 3" litfs, a few look pretty heavy duty for the price but what do i know im just a newb.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
If you are talking about the ToyTec coilover lifts- Most everyone si happy with them...There are "higher end parts" out there..but they cost more.

If you want to do a spacer lift-It won't be good for off roading....if you want to do a coilover/Add a leaf....Expect like a grand or so minimum to do it....and a bit more to do it right.

PM Neubs to talk about toytec parts....and standby for tons of folks to chime in about why they like certain parts or brands (and search out the other threads about all the different brands)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #9

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again Brunes, this is by far the best forum on the web people are so nice and quick to respond. Do you think rims and tires would be a better first mod?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #10

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
hey don i was lookin at the tuff county lift. how do you like it, pros and cons?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #11

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
nvm on the tuff country looks like its only for 4x4. bummer.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #12

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
uhh double post?