1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec ULK/OME Dakar and DuraTracs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by elk340, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Mar 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    elk340

elk340 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Here is the before:
    [​IMG]

Here is the after:
    [​IMG]

Here is the allignement with Light Racing UCAs:
    [​IMG]

Here are my numbers:
    Before:
    Left Frontat 19 1/2" Hub to Fender and 33 3/4" from Ground to Fender
    Right Frontat 20 3/8" Hub to Fender and 34 1/2" from Ground to Fender
    After:
    Left Frontat 22 5/8" Hub to Fender and 37 3/4" from Ground to Fender= 3 1/8" H/F& 4" G/F
    Right Frontat 23 1/4" Hub to Fender and 38 5/8" from Ground to Fender=2 7/8" H/F& 4 1/8" G/F
    Before:
    Left Rear at21 1/8" Hub to Fender and 35 1/8" from Ground to Fender
    Right Rearat 21 1/4" Hub to Fender and 35 3/8" from Ground to FenderAfter:
    Left Rear at24 5/8" Hub to Fender and 40" from Ground to Fender= 3 1/2" H/F& 4 7/8" G/F
    Right Rearat 25" Hub to Fender and 40 3/8" from Ground to Fender= 3 3/4" H/F& 5" G/F

Ground to the bottom of the hitch receiver is was 16 1/8"
    Ground to the bottom of the hitch receiver is now 20 7/8"= 3 3/4"

Ground to the bottom of the rear differential drain plug was 9"
    Ground to the bottom of the rear differential drain plug is now 10 1/4"=1 1/4"

Ground to the top of the front skid plate was 18"
    Ground to the top of the front skid plate is now 22 1/8"= 4 1/8"
    The suspension has not settled yet but otherwise, what do you guys think of the numbers? Do they seem consistent with what you've seen from the ULK with 285/75 17 tires? How are my alignment numbers?

2. Mar 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    jaw154

jaw154 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD Off road
    Soon...
    Looks awesome :thumbsup:

3. Mar 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    TRDyota09

TRDyota09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jabin
    Reedsville,WV
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD DCSB
    K&N cold air intake, magnaflow dual exhaust, extang trifold, grillcraft black mesh grill, spyder black projector headlights w/LED's and halo's, trd 6 speed shift knob, aftermarket TRD badges, interior piped out in red,265/75-16 Goodyear Duratrac tires,painted wheels w/red pin stripe
    Looks pretty beasty.... Hell, I'd drive it!

4. Mar 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    elk340

elk340 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Thanks guys. I was a bit worried as the measurements are a little all over the place but I guess that might be expected until it settles. I was worried about that left front being at 2.0, but, I suppose it will work until I need to have another one done. I don't think it would be worth the gas to drive down and have them redo it. My CV angles are awesome too! I have no idea why. The diff drop must have helped because they don't look near as steep as a lot of people's with the same lift. Unless their fronts were adjusted higher than the factory setting.

5. Mar 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Looks great! I'm also partial to magnetic gray though lol. I didn't get the sheet for when I got mine aligned with my LR UCA's. Perhaps I should have.

6. Mar 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    your ride looks good. nice transformation

Products Discussed in

To Top