1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaf Spring Rebuild/Refurb

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by goufcustom, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Mar 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    goufcustom

goufcustom [OP] 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    I have seen the great thread about getting used leaf springs from a donor (junk yard) truck and putting them in the Tacoma pack to give you lift, life and load capcity for the rear end of non-TSB packs because I am out of warranty, so there is no chance this is going to get fixed by Toyota for cheap. So I was talking to a guy that has rebuilt his fair share of cars and trucks and mentioned that there are places that bent leaf springs and I could likely go to them and have some made and installed for $100 to $200, which sounds like a great idea. And this was news to me. So I found this place: http://www.rnhspring.com/springs.html, and need to call them and get the info on my truck, can't right no because I am on travel, but I am thinking of doing this to not only get ~2" of lift in the rear but get better leafs. Plan would be to keep the original leads because they are not bent or anything, just weak. Has anyone done this?

Also, my main reasoning for not going the junk yard donor route is that I have bad back issues, so getting springs off another truck, into my truck, home and then putting them in my truck is a lot that isn't worth the extra physical therapy :(. Also I live in a townhouse, so space is an issue for me, and workspace is even harder to come by.

Products Discussed in

To Top