Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Install top spacer plate for OME Kit or no?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
Why exactly (in detail) are new UCA's recommended?
That really is up to you, and how much you want to spend. You can get Light Racing ICAS for 449 from toytec, icon makes a uca for 6xxish, as well as one for $1000. Total chaos are great, 550-600 depending on store. Down south motorsports makes a custom Uca's for our trucks as well.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
Why exactly (in detail) are new UCA's recommended?
Well all i know is that when you go up 3" to get a better alignment (some people can get them alligned w/o new UCA's) you need new ones and the truck will also handle better.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The main concern is in fact the alingment. New UCAs will correct those issues, regardless of brand.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 885x's with top plate spacers, my cv's look identical to Sean's. I'm running DSM ucas as well.

Pics in my gallery
Old 03-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #25
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys. I have light racing ucas coming tmw so I should be good. That's again.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
Might wanna look into a diff drop kit ($20 at toytec) and if you get any vibes in the rear, a shik kit from toytec. (Can't recall the price on those)
I have the diff drop and the axel shims too.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
I will deff post pics and stuff in a post when I install it so you guys can see how it looks
Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #28
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Might wanna look into a diff drop kit ($20 at toytec) and if you get any vibes in the rear, a shik kit from toytec. (Can't recall the price on those)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
I have the diff drop and the axel shims too.
Don't install the diff drop. It wont help and can cause harm. Search it if you don't believe me.
I have the 885s & Dakars on my 4Banger AC and got a full 3" lift front & rear. No problems.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Don't install the diff drop. It wont help and can cause harm. Search it if you don't believe me.
I have the 885s & Dakars on my 4Banger AC and got a full 3" lift front & rear. No problems.

Thanks for the pics. Looks nice and high now lol.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #30
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's my DD with a 280 mile/week commute. I run the stock 245/75/16 Dungflops for commuting and put on the 255/85/16 BFG KM2s when I go off road.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
Quote:
It's my DD with a 280 mile/week commute. I run the stock 245/75/16 Dungflops for commuting and put on the 255/85/16 BFG KM2s when I go off road.
Nice. Must be a pain to keep changing them when you wanna go offroading though lol.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
don't install a diff drop, they're trash.

When I first put my lift on I still had stock UCA's and no top plate spacers. I definitely wanted more lift up front to level it out some more. Also I noticed my steering suffer, it felt loose and wandered at highway speeds. I put on Light Racing UCA's and threw 1/2 inch top plate spacers and I loved it. I'd go that route if I were you. I'll post some pictures too.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #33
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
this isn't on level ground, but look at the hub to fender front to back, way too much rake for my taste.

Here's 884's w/ top plate spacer

it looked funny on stock tires
Old 03-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
wes mantooth ™
Quote:

I've had the different drop for about 70,000. Truck has 82xxx on her now. No issues. But one thing I do want to add, wheel spacers, make your wheel bearings go bad. Ask me how I know.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #36
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Access cab 4cyl and Double cab v6 will be a little different
Old 03-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #37
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had the different drop for about 70,000. Truck has 82xxx on her now. No issues. But one thing I do want to add, wheel spacers, make your wheel bearings go bad. Ask me how I know.
The diff drop's only harm is it creates two sharp protrusions below the truck. If they catch on a rock when wheeling, they can break the front diff or push it into the engine block.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #38
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
@aidenhardcore: if your CV boot angles look bad after putting in the spacers (i.e. fins of the boot digging into each other), you can undo the boot clip, stretch the boot further along the shaft, then clip it down.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #39
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Nice. Must be a pain to keep changing them when you wanna go offroading though lol.
Not bad about 40 min to change out & I only go wheeling about once a month.
Quote:
Chris4x4 and a lot of ofthers say don't do it. It rotates your pinion out of the oil and doesn't change the angle much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Access cab 4cyl and Double cab v6 will be a little different
Yes I know. Mine is at a full 3" without the spacers and OZ's DCLB is at 2 1/2" without the spacers. I showed a full 3" lift CV angles.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #40
wes mantooth ™
Quote:
Not bad about 40 min to change out & I only go wheeling about once a month.

Chris4x4 and a lot of ofthers say don't do it. It rotates your pinion out of the oil and doesn't change the angle much.

Yes I know. Mine is at a full 3" without the spacers and OZ's DCLB is at 2 1/2" without the spacers. I showed a full 3" lift CV angles.
I have a dclb with OME setup. 886 coils BC of my bumper. No top plates and I'm g2g