LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Install top spacer plate for OME Kit or no?

Old 03-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #41
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys. When I started this thread i didnt have my lift kit intalled. I know have it installed and here is my cv angles of the lift at 2.5. They dont seem that bad now. ome kit no top spacer. 2inch aal in back and now my truck stills lower in front. If i install the 1/2 top spacer for the front to lift it out and level it out at 3inch are my cv angles gonna be that bad. Would a 1/2 top spacer make that much of a differnce in the angle. I want to put it on so im level. If my cv boots rip are they that exspenvise to fix. I know the boot is only likw 20 but i didnt know if i sad to replace the cv boot axel too or not? Thanks guys.

Untitled by aidenhardcore, on Flickr

Old 03-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #42
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you mean 1/4" spacer to raise it 1/2"? You've seen my CV angles at a full 3". Don't know about the cost or hassle of replacing the CV boot, about 6K miles on mine with lift and no problems. I prefer the front lower than the rear over level, and sometimes I wish I had a sun roof when wheeling so I could stand up and poke my head out the roof to see where I was going. The higher the front is in relation to the rear the less you'll see in front of you.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Don't you mean 1/4" spacer to raise it 1/2"? You've seen my CV angles at a full 3". Don't know about the cost or hassle of replacing the CV boot, about 6K miles on mine with lift and no problems. I prefer the front lower than the rear over level, and sometimes I wish I had a sun roof when wheeling so I could stand up and poke my head out the roof to see where I was going. The higher the front is in relation to the rear the less you'll see in front of you.

Yes i mean that. Sorry. Ive seen your angles but you have a 4 banger, i have a v6 4x4 so i would think the cv angles would be different.( but I could be wrong). As yo you wanting it lower, I would like it higher. I hate seeing my truck lower in the front, I like it level. I think im gonna have a shop install it and see how my cv angles are. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #44
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
FYI , the Toytec top plate spacer kit sold with the longer studs and a pair of spacers are 10mm spacers and will give approx 3/4" of lift

The 1/4" spacer sold to correct taco lean will give approx 1/2" of lift and is sold as a single ( ie get 2 ) and will not require longer studs
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
FYI , the Toytec top plate spacer kit sold with the longer studs and a pair of spacers are 10mm spacers and will give approx 3/4" of lift

The 1/4" spacer sold to correct taco lean will give approx 1/2" of lift and is sold as a single ( ie get 2 ) and will not require longer studs
Oh ok. Thanks for the infor
Old 03-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #46
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Yes i mean that. Sorry. Ive seen your angles but you have a 4 banger, i have a v6 4x4 so i would think the cv angles would be different.( but I could be wrong). As yo you wanting it lower, I would like it higher. I hate seeing my truck lower in the front, I like it level. I think im gonna have a shop install it and see how my cv angles are. Thanks for the help.
3" lift will give the same CV angles regardless of engine weight. My 4Banger jut means that the 885s give me 3" where they only give you 2 1/2". No I don't want my front lower than it is, it's just that sometimes when wheeling all you see is sky and that would happen more with a level truck.