Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Install top spacer plate for OME Kit or no?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Install top spacer plate for OME Kit or no?

So guys, Im having my OME 3 inch kit installed on saturday and have the 2 top plate spacers for the full 3 inches and wanting to know if i should install them or not. I want the full 3 inches and want to install them but this truck is my daily driver and use it alot and don't want my cv angles/boot to be at a bad angle. I don't wanna be replacing cv boots/parts 24/7 on my truck know what i mean lol? Should i be fine at 3 inches or would you not install them and just use the shock and ome springs and have it at 2.5 in lift i think. I also have light racing ucas. I have 2010 v6 4x4 dc. Im just afraid if i set it at 3inches, all my other parts are gonna fail in the next couple of months and i will have to replace them 24/7. Now keep in mind i don't hardcore offroad cause my truck is my daily driver but do wanna take it out in the woods and see what it can do and get muddy. Thanks guys.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You may get more the 2 1/2" with the coils only , I got exactly 2 1/2" but others have got more

Also , I'm assuming you have the 885 coils for your DC ?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You may get more the 2 1/2" with the coils only , I got exactly 2 1/2" but others have got more

Also , I'm assuming you have the 885 coils for your DC ?
Yes 885 coils. So I would get about 2 and a half inches with just ome shocks all around, aal in rear and ome coils and then full three inches I'f I Install top plates? I want the full 3 but don't want my cv boots to go. How is yours at 2.5
Old 03-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
what are you doing to lift the rear? I ran 884 coils on my access cab and a 2" AAL in the rear and it had too much rake for my liking.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I have the top plate spacers on mine with the 885's and love it....now my cv's arent at a really good angle...ill post a pic up of my cv's in a few minutes
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
what are you doing to lift the rear? I ran 884 coils on my access cab and a 2" AAL in the rear and it had too much rake for my liking.
I have a 2in aal for the rear.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
I have the top plate spacers on mine with the 885's and love it....now my cv's arent at a really good angle...ill post a pic up of my cv's in a few minutes
Thank you dude. I just don't want my cv angles to be really bad at 3 inches and then have to replacing them every 6 months you know?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Thank you dude. I just don't want my cv angles to be really bad at 3 inches and then have to replacing them every 6 months you know?
Yeah they have actually gotten better....

Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
Quote:
Yeah they have actually gotten better....

Thanks dude. They do look good in that pic. Maybe I'll be ok at three inches. Or maybe I'll do the 2.5 and maybe later Install the top spacer. Decisions decisions lol. What to do?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes 885 coils. So I would get about 2 and a half inches with just ome shocks all around, aal in rear and ome coils and then full three inches I'f I Install top plates? I want the full 3 but don't want my cv boots to go. How is yours at 2.5
If you want the full 3" you will most likely be adding the top plate spacers

Your CV angles will obviously be more steep than if you don't add the spacers , this is the choice you make
Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If you want the full 3" you will most likely be adding the top plate spacers

Your CV angles will obviously be more steep than if you don't add the spacers , this is the choice you make
Yeah a hard choice I have to make haha. I'll think about it for awhile. If I do go the full 3 inches will the cv boots break more quicker. I would think they would last me atleast half a year or more. I really don't know. How much is it to replace the cv boot angles. Is it alot of money to do. I have no mechanic skills it part prices lol
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #12

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had my lift on since last septemberish....and ive been wheeling a few times with no problems so far.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
Quote:
Ive had my lift on since last septemberish....and ive been wheeling a few times with no problems so far.
Well that's good to know. Good luck and hope they never break haha
Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #14

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yeah i hope not either!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #15
Quote:
Haha yeah i hope not either!
How do you like the ome lift? Can't wait to install it. Is there any other parts I should be looking out for that might wear faster? I don't wanna hardcore offroad just mud and tails.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #16

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I love my OME lift. I went with the full lift with the Dakars in the rear and the LR UCA's. If you did go to 3" I would recommend new UCA's...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Might wanna look into a diff drop kit ($20 at toytec) and if you get any vibes in the rear, a shik kit from toytec. (Can't recall the price on those)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
. . . want to install them but this truck is my daily driver and . . . Now keep in mind i don't hardcore offroad cause my truck is my daily driver but do wanna take it out in the woods and see what it can do and get muddy. Thanks guys.
For this application I don't see the added clearance being a pertinent issue. If you want it for the looks or to be level that's one thing but your tacoma will do fine in the woods stock. Just my input but the OME set up is pretty great already and worst case scenario, if you really decide later that you wanted that .5" extra it won't be all that hard to throw them in.

Were it me I would leave them out, but then again you have a 2" aal. Maybe it'll help you look level