Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Short aal vs long aal

Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Sjoffroad is on a distinguished road
Sjoffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Short aal vs long aal

So I'm finnally almost ready to install my lift. I have bilsteins 5100 all around and eibach coils for the front. I want to do a aal for a 2" lift in the rear.

My question is how much of a harder ride do the shorter aal give vs the longer?

I have a 2012 dc sb off road Trd. I hear my suspension is not as soft as the sport. Will the short aal with my billies be harsher than what I already got or is it gonna be unnoticeable?? Thanks for the input
Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
Who's aal are you using? I've only.seen wheelers and toytec's but their 2" aal only comes in one length from what I've seen.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Get wheelers 3 leaf progressive...I used them with a new stock spring on my 08 and got 1.5-2" and the ride is still firm but much better! One "shorter" leaf will be firmerride and help with hauling/towing...a progressive aal will be smother in general but removing the overload will reduce overall payload! You can leave the OL in for more lift and keep the payload!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Get wheelers 3 leaf progressive...I used them with a new stock spring on my 08 and got 1.5-2" and the ride is still firm but much better! One "shorter" leaf will be firmerride and help with hauling/towing...a progressive aal will be smother in general but removing the overload will reduce overall payload! You can leave the OL in for more lift and keep the payload!
x2, I've got the Icon 3 leaf AAL and it's great. I kep the overload leaf in place, got 2" of lift and it rides very smooth. I also have the TSB leaf pack so the same 4 leaf pack that your 2012 has.