Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ruined Dakar rear leaf?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
asolo is on a distinguished road
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
Ruined Dakar rear leaf?

So, I happen to be in Dallas and got a good deal on a OME suspension. I loaded it all in the rental and THOUGHT everything looked good. Upon examining one of the rear dakar leafs when I got home I found this:

the other side which is normal

I'm so hacked I didn't see this when I picked it up from 4wheelparts. So, should I attempt an exchange or do you think it's okay? I live 350 mi away from the store I picked it up from.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Your call on returning it. It looks like the rivet is loose. Or is it a bolt?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
That's not ruined! Are you kidding me?

Bend it back to where it was or say fuck it and use it how it is. When it's installed it won't even matter.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
That's not ruined! Are you kidding me?

Bend it back to where it was or say fuck it and use it how it is. When it's installed it won't even matter.
yeah, it's a rivet. I wouldnt think it would make much of a difference but thought I would ask.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Your call on returning it. It looks like the rivet is loose. Or is it a bolt?
It's not loose at all. Just bent.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by asolo View Post
It's not loose at all. Just bent.
Like Josh said, I'd bend it back. It's not worth the hassle driving back IMHO.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Bend it back, or grind the rivet off and just remove it all together.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #10

Marines:
Beat it like it owes you money!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

lol. THAT I can do.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Beat it like a rented mule .
Old 03-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Beat it like a rented mule .
Beat it like a red-headed stepchild.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are crackin me up! Can't wait to get it installed. Seems like it's been ages since i posted my first question about the OME lift on TW
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
as long as the center pin is tight and the ubolts are torqued right, those springs are fine.

You wanna see a set of ruined leaf springs?:
Old 03-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Oz, On a different note: Did you install the CB drop as well as the 3 deg axle shims? I'm trying to figure out the best way to avoid vibes when I install this lift kit. How about the Diff drop?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #17
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by asolo View Post
Hey Oz, On a different note: Did you install the CB drop as well as the 3 deg axle shims? I'm trying to figure out the best way to avoid vibes when I install this lift kit. How about the Diff drop?
I did the OME CB drop , no shims and no diff drop

I have a slight vibe at 40-45 mph I'm still working on
Old 03-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Did you drive for a while before doing the CB drop or did you put it on when you did everything else? Just wondering if you had vibes then decided on adding it.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Did you drive for a while before doing the CB drop or did you put it on when you did everything else? Just wondering if you had vibes then decided on adding it.
Added it with the lift