Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Bushings for Light Racing UCA's.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
They are finally out hey. I've been waiting since Sept. for these to come out. My bushings had rips in them after less than 8,000 kms/ a year. Hopefully this will fix the problem.
This should be the fix. Just pulled mine apart tonight. You will need a sawzal and a steady hand to get the old bushings out. Full write up when I am done.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #22
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
thank for the heads up....i bought a set of used LR UCAs and i'm going to get the new bushing before i install!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed

Mine are starting to squeak more and more these days
Old 03-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #24
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
So...are they installed yet?
The ucas are being PC'd as we speak. I will have the new bushings installed tomorrow am and on the truck.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #25
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are about 16 months old with 25,000 miles on them. So far no squeeking or any other noises or looseness. I don't wheel alot, but they have seen alot of salt through 2 winters.

Am I just lucky, or should I be expecting problems soon...?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
And Done! Had to strip and paint them... they were a bit rusty and beat up after removing the old bushings. Its a relatively easy job. The biggest thing is you need a real steady hand when cutting the old bushing ring out or else you end up cutting the UCA bushing housing. I will have all the pictures and write up of the install later on.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #29
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PICKSTACOMA View Post
Any order information yet?
Give SPC a call. You can order directly through them.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #30
smuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud of
Name: CR
smuggiesrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pAP View Post
Give SPC a call. You can order directly through them.
Sorry to sound so noooob

SPC? Specialty Products Company?

Thanks, retard
Old 03-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #31
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggiesrider View Post
Sorry to sound so noooob

SPC? Specialty Products Company?

Thanks, retard
Yes. That's correct. They develope and fabricate the Light Racing UCA's.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #32
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
nice! I'm digging the grey powdercoat. Now off to David's for another alignment
Tanx. Funny thing is, my steering wheel needs to be clocked now. I dint jostle anything else and set the camber and caster exactly the same as I had it before. O well... Back to Daves... good thing we like him over there.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #34
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, Chris! I'm going to order a set for mine.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #36
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
dam just installed mine a couple weeks ago. Guess I'll order the kit and install it at a later time.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #37
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
dam just installed mine a couple weeks ago. Guess I'll order the kit and install it at a later time.
You may never need the kit. I would only replace them if the ones you have go bad. I got 70k+ miles out of mine.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #38
==========

pAP's Tacoma Gallery
FYI- The replacement bushings are now on SPC's site. It seems there are two different UCA's so there are two different part numbers, you may want to check with SPC as to which one to order if you don't know. The part numbers are 25466 and 25476. You can plug them into this web page > SPC They also have the installation instructions listed as well > Install Instructions A lot better than mine.

They also have the replacement boots available as well. That part number is 25477.

The Bushing kit ended up pricing at $25 and the ball joint boots are $6 for the set with NO shipping charge on them!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #39
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update! bushings and boots for me then. my boots are all torn up
Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #40
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I have a new set of LR UCAs sitting here ready for me to install them. I'm debating whether to get the new bushings or simply install the UCAs as they are. On one hand I'd like to know it's done and that I won't have to mess with them in the future. However, I'm not too confident I'd be able to cut the old bushings out without marring the UCAs. Had I only waited a few more weeks to buy . . . I hear they're now shipping with the new bushings already installed.

By the way, it appears part #25476 are the replacement bushings for 2005-current LR UCAs and part #25466 is for 1996-2004 LR UCAs.