Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

post install questions

Old 12-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
post install questions

i just got my Icons and TC UCAs installed. I replaced my 3'' coil spacer with the Icons. Icon says there coilovers come preset to 2''. I installed the Icons without adjusting them, i was going to see were i was at first then do it. but i am still sitting at a 3'' lift. same hight as before? wich is fine, but does not make sence to me. oh, and how long should i let the coilovers settle before i get an alignment done for the UCAs?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
i just got my Icons and TC UCAs installed. I replaced my 3'' coil spacer with the Icons. Icon says there coilovers come preset to 2''. I installed the Icons without adjusting them, i was going to see were i was at first then do it. but i am still sitting at a 3'' lift. same hight as before? wich is fine, but does not make sence to me. oh, and how long should i let the coilovers settle before i get an alignment done for the UCAs?
I would imagine you should get the alignment done right away...
Old 12-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
alignment should be done right away
Old 12-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, thats what I thought. I just didn't want to get an alinement done, then have the coilovers settle, changing my lift, then have to get another alinment. Does that make sence? First thing this weekend I will get one done. But as for my first question, I am positive I had the toytec 3'' coil spacer. Icon and wheelersoffroad.com say the Icons come pre set at 2'' lift. But my truck is still sitting like it has 3'' lift...? If they came set at 3'' thats bad ass. but they said 2''. I don't get it.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Ok, thats what I thought. I just didn't want to get an alinement done, then have the coilovers settle, changing my lift, then have to get another alinment. Does that make sence? First thing this weekend I will get one done. But as for my first question, I am positive I had the toytec 3'' coil spacer. Icon and wheelersoffroad.com say the Icons come pre set at 2'' lift. But my truck is still sitting like it has 3'' lift...? If they came set at 3'' thats bad ass. but they said 2''. I don't get it.
You can do what I did... Go to Firestone and get a lifetime alignment. Costs just under twice the price of a single one, but I've already paid for mine. I had to adjust my coilovers and get it aligned again...