Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installed Pro-Comp 3" lift with ABS issues

Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
PHOLT11 is on a distinguished road
PHOLT11's Tacoma Gallery
Installed Pro-Comp 3" lift with ABS issues

I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Sport that I installed the Pro-Comp Colis on my Bilstein 5100 struts to allow for the 285 70-17 Nitto Terra Grappler AT's. My question is when I am taking a curve to the right at about 40 mph my ABS is engaging but once I let off gas and straighten up it goes away. Any ideas? I bought the Pro-Comp 3" suspension lift with shocks but since the bilstein struts were same length I used the bilsteins instead of the explorer struts and shocks it came with.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You probably need to get the ECU reflashed for the larger tires. The VSC system is set up for stock sized tires, when you take a corner with larger tires, the wheel speeds relative to each other are different with larger tires and the ECU thinks you're out of control. Get the reflash and that should solve your problem.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
PHOLT11 is on a distinguished road
PHOLT11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Man, I will try that.....is there a perfomance chip you would recomend instead of paying dealership 85 an hour.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
There is a pdf file in the first post of this thread outlining the procedure

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...sc-answer.html
Old 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
The DIY way to reset the ECU is to disconnect the negative battery terminal overnight and reconnect in the morning. This will deenergize all the computers and they will have to relearn. It works for transmission shifting points, it may work with the ABS. Worth a shot, I did it to my truck after a lift, no issues.
It's not ABS , it's the skid control ECU that controls VSC
Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
I have that lift and had the same problem. You need to get the dealer to do a zero point calibration. And you will probably want to have the alignment perfect before doing this. Fixed the issue for me.