Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TC UCA hits icon coilover

Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
TC UCA hits icon coilover

Just noticed this today while looking over the truck. Theres a mark on both coil and UCA from contact do to down travel. Is there a way to stop this? The rust spot on the coil is where the contact is being made. I dont know what that grey scratch on the coil is. didn't even notice it until i looked at this picture.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I had to rotate the coils untill the UCA would come down and not hit the coils. theres a sweet spot when you rotate the coils where they wont hit...
Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
I had to rotate the coils untill the UCA would come down and not hit the coils. theres a sweet spot when you rotate the coils where they wont hit...
thats what i was figuring. ill try 1 turn down. thanks man
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed a slight scratch on mine, even a small springy thump.

good to know aboot rotating them.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I noticed it when I did the Install and kept rotating it untill it wouldnt touch the coils..
Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Are you meaning cranking them up, as in adding lift or are you rotating the whole spring unit itself? What's the easiest way to do that? I posted a few days back inquiring about the camburgs hitting and also discovered the TC's do too! Adding limit straps is an option but rotating them for clearance makes sense if they're not built as one piece?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #8

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well its easier to just jack the truck up and spin the top collar as if you were going to add lift. this should also spin the coil. But your not spinning it alot, so you wont add or lose lift. Just enough to were the UCA's dont hit the coils.
Hope that makes sense...

(Also it doesnt really matter which way you spin it) I just prefered turning them up..
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Air Force: Active Duty AF physician
Name: Shane
Dr. Sleep's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg UCAs and Icon coilovers do the same thing. Rotating won't always find a sweet spot. One option is just to occasionally put some rust stopping paint over the coil steel. Limiting straps seems overkill, but would definitively stop the problem if you get airborn enough to achieve complete droop often enough.