Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

suspension [rough]

Old 12-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
scotia is on a distinguished road
scotia's Tacoma Gallery
suspension [rough]

I have an 05 TRD 4 door 4x4. bought 2nd hand 6 months ago.Like the truck but was bottoming out on rear springs .Went to dealer as I heard threr was a recall on that issue and they said there was but truck was 4 months over on the 3 year in service date. So done add a leaf ,solved bottoming problem now runs rough as HELL. Spring shop says try some Monroe sensi trac may help.I am wondering if maybay a cheap soft shock may work better.Be good to get some thoughts...........Scotia
Old 12-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
From my experience shocks can only do so much for a stiff spring setup. An easy ride adjustment is to just air down the rear a bit when you'll be offroad. Just drop the back tires to 20-28psi and it will be plenty softer. This also gives you better traction but will make your gas mileage worse.

I did have some of those Monroes years ago, I'm sure the design has changed since then... they were good shocks, but not magical shocks.

Good luck!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
what type of aal did you get?

theres 3 or 4 different types and they ride differently

the shortest tends to be the roughest...its a short single leaf

theres also a long single leaf and then a 3 leaf progressive pack

i have a 3leaf aal and it rides just as nice as new stock springs
Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotia View Post
I have an 05 TRD 4 door 4x4. bought 2nd hand 6 months ago.Like the truck but was bottoming out on rear springs .Went to dealer as I heard threr was a recall on that issue and they said there was but truck was 4 months over on the 3 year in service date. So done add a leaf ,solved bottoming problem now runs rough as HELL. Spring shop says try some Monroe sensi trac may help.I am wondering if maybay a cheap soft shock may work better.Be good to get some thoughts...........Scotia
If you dont goo much off road then I would sugest air bags-Firestone makes some good products. Works pretty good for me