Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Deaver springs worth it?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Sumolance is on a distinguished road
Name: Lance
Sumolance's Tacoma Gallery
Deaver springs worth it?

I've searched until i can't see anymore; so here's the deal: 2012 DCLB, gonna get King remote reservoirs w/adjustable damping, TC UCA's. I WILL be actually using these components (no mall cruising) Anyhow, my issue here is that I'm not sure if i should just go with Icon add-a-pack/leaf or just spring for a Deaver pack. My problem with this, is that it's ridiculously expensive, for what it is. One of the guys @ Downsouth says that i dont absolutely need the Deavers & the Icon leaf would be fine, whereas there are others that say AAL systems are just a 'band-aid', and may sag over time. (stock springs just shitty?) I actually visited Deaver & they said i would need a 'custom' set since I will sometimes haul atv's and sportbikes. I would also imagine that i'd benefit from stronger springs since it's a longbed. (extended wheelbase) Anyway, he said it will be $750(!) Yeah, I'll be spending a bit of cash for the other components, but I have a hard time justifying the cost of long bent & strapped spring steel plates. Truck rear suspension is so low-tech/rudimentary....
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
On a brand new truck the icon 3 leaf aal with be just fine! The progressive aal is waaay better than a single leaf! Deavers will sag with weight after awhile which is why the custom build was suggested!