1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deaver springs worth it?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sumolance, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Mar 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    Sumolance

Sumolance [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    SoCal
    I've searched until i can't see anymore; so here's the deal: 2012 DCLB, gonna get King remote reservoirs w/adjustable damping, TC UCA's. I WILL be actually using these components (no mall cruising) Anyhow, my issue here is that I'm not sure if i should just go with Icon add-a-pack/leaf or just spring for a Deaver pack. My problem with this, is that it's ridiculously expensive, for what it is. One of the guys @ Downsouth says that i dont absolutely need the Deavers & the Icon leaf would be fine, whereas there are others that say AAL systems are just a 'band-aid', and may sag over time. (stock springs just shitty?) I actually visited Deaver & they said i would need a 'custom' set since I will sometimes haul atv's and sportbikes. I would also imagine that i'd benefit from stronger springs since it's a longbed. (extended wheelbase) Anyway, he said it will be $750(!) Yeah, I'll be spending a bit of cash for the other components, but I have a hard time justifying the cost of long bent & strapped spring steel plates. Truck rear suspension is so low-tech/rudimentary....

2. Mar 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    On a brand new truck the icon 3 leaf aal with be just fine! The progressive aal is waaay better than a single leaf! Deavers will sag with weight after awhile which is why the custom build was suggested!

Products Discussed in

To Top