Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do I need any other parts for my lift??

Old 03-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
98tacoWA is on a distinguished road
98tacoWA's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need any other parts for my lift??

So i got wheeler's 5 leaf pack, bilstein 5100s front and rear, bpv relocate, extended brake line, and strut stem washer kit.
i have a 97 excab and the front struts i got have only 3 notches (0, 1.25, 2.5) im going to reuse the stock coils and set it on 1.25. what else do i need? I want to make sure i have everything before i start installing thanks.
Should i get new bushings for the leafs and new u-bolts?
Also will this be level do you guys think? or should i do the top notch? (2.5)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoWA View Post
So i got wheeler's 5 leaf pack, bilstein 5100s front and rear, bpv relocate, extended brake line, and strut stem washer kit.
i have a 97 excab and the front struts i got have only 3 notches (0, 1.25, 2.5) im going to reuse the stock coils and set it on 1.25. what else do i need? I want to make sure i have everything before i start installing thanks.
Should i get new bushings for the leafs and new u-bolts?
Also will this be level do you guys think? or should i do the top notch? (2.5)
Get new bushings for everything you can, might as well since you are in there.
Get the OME coils instead of your tired toyota ones and set the billys at 1.25 for an even lift and a far better ride.

If you use the old stock coils you need to use the 2.5 setting for an even lift.

You are adding a larger leaf pack so a longer ubolt kit is mandatory.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
this will be my first time installing all this kind of stuff. could you please tell me what bushings i would need? and i have the 2.7l so id still need to put it on 2.5? im going to try it with the stocks to see how i like it then if i dont ill get some OMEs. what should i use 880s 881s? i wont be putting any winch or offroad bumper on. and will a diff drop or carrier bearing drop be necessary?
Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #4
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
880's with a diff drop kit are the way to go, since you have the little motor do it on the stock height setting with the ome or 1.25 setting with stock coils.

The bushing kits can be found on http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoma.htm
Old 03-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Thanks a lot man. ill call wheelers on monday