Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

All Pro Ubolt flip install question

Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
OME Dakar, All-Pro Ubolt flip and Timbren install notes

The flip kit came with the Ubolts and Locknuts. Am I supposed to re-use the OEM washers to go between the nut and the leaf hold down plate, or does it matter?

Lessons learned in Post 6.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Rufus View Post
The flip kit came with the Ubolts and Locknuts. Am I supposed to re-use the OEM washers to go between the nut and the leaf hold down plate, or does it matter?

I would. The AllPro didn't supply any washers ?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Nope. I already wrenched the nuts most of the way down, but didn't torque them yet. I guess it's not too big of a task to take them off.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #4

Too late, already done! The washers are on, they certainly can't hurt.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #5

Pre-install:

Heights, hub to fender:
FL 20 3/8" FR 20 1/2"
RL 21 1/4" RR 21 7/8"

Post install heights, one overload removed:
RL 24" RR 24 1/2"

I have not installed my coilovers yet, planning on doing that this afternoon.

Things of note:

1. Ratchet strap from axle to frame/sliders helps reposition the axle better for the front leaf bolt
2. Find the best spots to align the All Pro U-bolts before tightening otherwise you will have interference with the Timbren mount. This may require hammering after torquing as well
3. Icon 2.0 VS shocks need to have their rubber bushings trimmed to fit in the OEM shock mount
4. If you have a Hellwig rear sway, unlink the threaded rods or you will bend them. I now need to replace mine.
5. If I think of anything I'll add it here.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
icon bushings dont need to be trimmed.. you either got there 1st run or FJ shocks.. im guessing you bought them from a guy on this site ?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #7

Yeah. Parts Whore Xmas group buy.

The plastic I just trimmed down with a hacksaw and a box cutter. The metal bushing itself seems to be the right size.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
97Taco09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jojo
97Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
What does this kit do to the suspension?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Rufus View Post
Yeah. Parts Whore Xmas group buy.

The plastic I just trimmed down with a hacksaw and a box cutter. The metal bushing itself seems to be the right size.
oh..that explains it.. watch your shock shaft for rust.. there FJ shocks btw
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #10

Any particular reason these might rust more than others?