Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2004 dc 4x4 shocks struts aal

Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Tdale is on a distinguished road
Name: T
Tdale's Tacoma Gallery
2004 dc 4x4 shocks struts aal

I am a noob and I love this site. I have a question. My Dc rides really rough it has 100 k on it and my local shop says that bilstein 5100 shocks /struts for the front and billies in the rear with a datstar(sp?) leveling kit would give me a better ride and allow more room for the 265/75/16 tires. I really just use my truck to train bird dogs in the national forest and put boats in at a few muddy landings. My kids and I love to cruise the logging roads and look for wildlife. I really want a comfortable ride. ANy thoughts would be great .
Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
they might have meant dakars
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
I am a noob and I love this site. I have a question. My Dc rides really rough it has 100 k on it and my local shop says that bilstein 5100 shocks /struts for the front and billies in the rear with a datstar(sp?) leveling kit would give me a better ride and allow more room for the 265/75/16 tires. I really just use my truck to train bird dogs in the national forest and put boats in at a few muddy landings. My kids and I love to cruise the logging roads and look for wildlife. I really want a comfortable ride. ANy thoughts would be great .
There would be no point in putting 5100's on if you are still just going to use a crappy poly spacer like a daystar kit has.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Tdale is on a distinguished road
Name: T
Tdale's Tacoma Gallery
.?

Keith,
What would you recommend to go with the bilstein5100,?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend you begin by reviewing the Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide and Suspension Lift Info stickies, OP.

Bilstein 5100s are good shocks but, as KPT pointed out, spacers aren't really the best way to "lift" your truck. (They tend to be hard on the springs and don't give a very good ride.) If you're going to invest in the 5100s, you'd be better off pairing them with higher quality lift option. Depending on the condition of your leafs, an AAL may be such an option.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
Keith,
What would you recommend to go with the bilstein5100,?
Nothing, they are adjustable to give you lift just by themselves.