Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Finally ordering! Please help.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Finally ordering! Please help.

Ok, I am finally going to take the leap and get my truck lifted. I have read so many threads, my eyes bleed!

**I have a DC longbed with canopy on back. Looking at getting 2" and do not want to replace UCA.

I am down to two options.

#1 Billies all around, settings at 0 with Eibach springs and AAL to the rear.

#2 OME 900 with 885 coils and AAL in rear.

Please let me know your opinions. I want to get it ordered and installed soon. Thank you for your opinions!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885's and 90000's got me 2 1/2" on my DCLB 4x4 , they haven't settled at all in a year
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
rpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
rpking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koov View Post
Ok, I am finally going to take the leap and get my truck lifted. I have read so many threads, my eyes bleed!

**I have a DC longbed with canopy on back. Looking at getting 2" and do not want to replace UCA.

I am down to two options.

#1 Billies all around, settings at 0 with Eibach springs and AAL to the rear.

#2 OME 900 with 885 coils and AAL in rear.

Please let me know your opinions. I want to get it ordered and installed soon. Thank you for your opinions!!
I'm in this same boat, I think I'm going with OME with 884 springs and shocks in front and a 2" AAL and shocks in the rear. I have a 2011 Access cab 4x4 I don't want to mess with UCA's either Good Luck with your lift OP
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
So would you go with 884's or 885's for coils? I am a 2wd and very rarely go offroad besides forest roads.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So would you go with 884's or 885's for coils? I am a 2wd and very rarely go offroad besides forest roads.
If you only want 2" and are not adding any weight to the front I would probably go with 884's
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If you only want 2" and are not adding any weight to the front I would probably go with 884's
x2. For 2" of lift and to avoid new UCAs, 884s or Eibachs with 1/2" top plates. Personally, I'd go with 884's for what you said you're looking for.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
MonStar

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks OZ and Pugga! I appreciate the input. There are way to many choices out there.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
LaTechLogan is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
LaTechLogan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I wanted to jump in and get some opinions and answers. I also have a DC but mine is a short bed. I'm looking at getting the ome lift to improve the ride quality and get some lift while I'm at it.

If I'm trying to get the maximum amount of lift in the front, without having to mess with the UCA's then should I go with the 884 or 885 coils?

I've seen that the 885 coils are suggested for the DC's, but is that going to give me enough lift to need new UCA's?

Thanks guys
Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
Just go for the UCA'S. No worries. It's not that bad. If your gonna do it, spend the cake. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
MonStar

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
So should I go with the OME shocks w/884 coils or

Billys set @0 w/884 coils?

Anyone know what height will be achieved with either of the two?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Up to you , you'll get approx 2" from the coils , the shocks provide no lift
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTechLogan View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I wanted to jump in and get some opinions and answers. I also have a DC but mine is a short bed. I'm looking at getting the ome lift to improve the ride quality and get some lift while I'm at it.

If I'm trying to get the maximum amount of lift in the front, without having to mess with the UCA's then should I go with the 884 or 885 coils?

I've seen that the 885 coils are suggested for the DC's, but is that going to give me enough lift to need new UCA's?

Thanks guys
If you don't want to get new UCAs, I'd stick with 884s. It's a gamble whether you'd be alright with 885s and stock UCAs. It can be done but you're going to have a hard time with alignment.

Quote:

I've heard the OME shocks ride a little softer than the Billies. The Billies seem to get stiffer over time. As OZ said, neither will provide lift. The Billies give you the option of kicking them up to .85 if you feel you want more lift later on though.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I actually just ordered an OME kit from Wheeler's with 884x and Dakars. Check out Elwood's measurements on his build page here . This is what sold me on the 884x. I wanted more than the 5100's but not as much as the 885x. Looks like a little more than 2 inches...you might get a little more with a Prerunner.

Good luck...post pics when you get it done!