Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Aftermarket Half-Shafts... Articulation?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Half-Shafts... Articulation?

I just got under my truck and noticed that I have a blown inner CV boot on my passenger side, and it appears my driver's side is not far behind it. I see that a most people are simply replacing the half-shafts instead of dealing with the teardown and reassembly of the factory joints. That said, I am lifted 3" and I am reading that some of the aftermarket components don't offer the same articulation as the factory CV joints. Can anyone recommend a half-shaft that won't give me issues with the lift? Even better if they have longer-lasting boots for lifted trucks.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?

If there isn't a joint that matches the angle of the OEM shafts, is there a good re-build thread on them? I'm sure the joints themselves are fine, just that the boots need replaced.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I have gsp axles from autozone on my truck and have had zero problems. No binding at full droop. But if you can find a shop that rebuilds axles, a toyota unit is a lot better than anything aftermarket
Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
cvj axles remanufactured oem axles. great product, therewas a group buy i believe
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
cvj axles remanufactured oem axles. great product, therewas a group buy i believe
what he said: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html
Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I managed to find this over the weekend and will be ordering a set today!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Thanks, I managed to find this over the weekend and will be ordering a set today!
Glad it worked out for you
Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
so are the duralast ones at autozone reman OEM or ? They just say duralast reman cv shafts.

I'd consider picking up a pair of those. Was thinking about maybe dropping the coin on the GB but I don't want to pay more for the core charge now.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
The duralasts are reman oem units. But the ones in the GB posted above would be if higher quality
Old 03-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks