Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bushings

Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Bushings

I want to go through and replace all the bushings in my front and rear suspension, I think that is causing my squeaks. What are the best aftermarket bushings and where?

Also is there a how to guide on replacing them?

I am going in to replace some leafs and my front strut, so it will all be apart anyway.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
stick with oem rubber bushings.. poly bushings are nice and all.. but to high mantience
Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrat View Post
stick with oem rubber bushings.. poly bushings are nice and all.. but to high mantience
Why are poly bushing high maintenance? Also where is the best place to get stock bushings? I hate going to the stealership. I am guessing one of the many parts places online will have them, any breakout manuals that list the part numbers?

Thanks

Rear Leaf Spring Bushings:
http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-8340
Old 03-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
7.62x63mm

Anyone have the part numbers on the Lower Control Arm Bushings?

When I went in to replace the strut the lower control arm on my passenger side had to be forced, with a crow bar, down and out of the way so I could replace the strut. So I started thinking, and I bet that the bushings are on their way to the crapper. From what I have read, replacing them sucks, and the bushings from Toyota are about $70 each, and the labor is about $300 to replace them on top of parts.

Recommendations? I am thinking about buying the bushings for one side, and attempting it. I figure I can take the LCA and bushings someplace and have them do that part if I cant. But it seems like it is worth a try.

I have my UCAs already, I bought a like new set of UCAs here with ~6k miles on them, figure they will replace my 105K mile ones nicely, rather than bother messing with bushings. Problem with LCAs is they are more expensive, harder to find, and heavy to ship.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Anyone have the part numbers on the Lower Control Arm Bushings?

When I went in to replace the strut the lower control arm on my passenger side had to be forced, with a crow bar, down and out of the way so I could replace the strut. So I started thinking, and I bet that the bushings are on their way to the crapper. From what I have read, replacing them sucks, and the bushings from Toyota are about $70 each, and the labor is about $300 to replace them on top of parts.

Recommendations? I am thinking about buying the bushings for one side, and attempting it. I figure I can take the LCA and bushings someplace and have them do that part if I cant. But it seems like it is worth a try.

I have my UCAs already, I bought a like new set of UCAs here with ~6k miles on them, figure they will replace my 105K mile ones nicely, rather than bother messing with bushings. Problem with LCAs is they are more expensive, harder to find, and heavy to ship.
Part numbers in this DIY thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...acoma-4x4.html
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Thanks, not sure why that didn't come up in my searching, looks like a long weekend is ahead of me.
No worries, I knew who made the thread so it was pretty easy to find that way
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you put a lot of anti-sieze on the LCA bushing bolts. When I installed my lift I found out 3 of the 4 LCA bushings on my truck were siezed, and it cost me $1300 Canadian to have them replaced. Sucked! I guess this is common on the Tacoma as they don't lube them on assembly. Poopy design if you ask me.