Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME with out Top Plate Spacers

Old 03-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
OME with out Top Plate Spacers

Just wondering if I install my OME kit with out the Top plate spacers "885 coils" and put the 1.5" AAL in the rear, will I be level across? I'm looking for around 2.5" BTW it's a DCSB
Old 03-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Should be pretty much level .
Old 03-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I ordered it last night but the thought of the truck sitting way nose high keeps running through my head. lol
Old 03-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
Thanks, I ordered it last night but the thought of the truck sitting way nose high keeps running through my head. lol
Im around 2.5 in the front (never measured it) and a 1.5 aal . I'm level now but at first it was nose high . But it settles after a couple weeks
Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #5

SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
How much nose high was it at first, couldn't have been much? I don't mind if it is slightly nose high I just don't want it to look like shit.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much nose high was it at first, couldn't have been much? I don't mind if it is slightly nose high I just don't want it to look like shit.
It wasnt to bad settled out in 2-3 weeks.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
885's without top plate spacers got me 2 1/2" up front on my DCLB 4x4 . It hasn't settled at all in a year
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
885's without top plate spacers got me 2 1/2" up front on my DCLB 4x4 . It hasn't settled at all in a year
Really wow . I have eibach 5100 and it only took a few weeks and some offroading .
Old 03-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
Really wow . I have eibach 5100 and it only took a few weeks and some offroading .
Apparently the new "X" series OME coils don't have the sagging issues of the earlier OME coils
Old 03-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Apparently the new "X" series OME coils don't have the sagging issues of the earlier OME coils
^^^^
Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #11

SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
OZ, seeing that you have the 885's do you think the 1.5 AAL is going to be enough to get me level in the back?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not OZ, But i think the AAL will level you out. I'm on 885x and 2.0" AAL because i don't have the TSB springs.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
mikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Name: Mike
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
I got 2.5 up front with my 885x on my dcsb and also installed 1.5 aal in the rear. I measured half an inch higher in the back but it pretty much looks level to the eye
Old 03-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #14

SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho View Post
I got 2.5 up front with my 885x on my dcsb and also installed 1.5 aal in the rear. I measured half an inch higher in the back but it pretty much looks level to the eye
Thanks, that what I was looking for. I'll get some pictures up here as soon as I get it installed. BTW did you need new UCA's?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
Gabe911 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe911 has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Gabe911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, that what I was looking for. I'll get some pictures up here as soon as I get it installed. BTW did you need new UCA's?

I got 2.7" up front with 885 coils no top plate spacers but I am 2wd...I have the tsb done and the 1.5 aal...I am 3/4" higher in the rear...if I did not get the tsb ...I think I would be almost level....but to the naked eye it looks level to me until u measure...check my gallery
Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 885x coils and no spacer with a 1.5" aal, and I'm actually a little higher in the back (double cab long bed).
Old 03-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #17
mikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the roughmikewho is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Name: Mike
mikewho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope im using my oem ucas and my alignment is perfectly fine. ...i forgot to mention i have no tsb on the rear
Old 03-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have rake with it. This is how my truck sits without the top plate spacer... The truck is on a slanted drive way but you can tell the rear is higher

Old 03-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
885x, 2" AAL, no TSB, no spacers.

Rear is higher an inch or so.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery

Here is another shot: