Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Time to get new rear shocks LOL

Old 03-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Time to get new rear shocks LOL

well I have been debating on getting new shocks or not, but I was getting a little too crazy 4 wheeling the other day and did this.
My question is though is how long will Ill be able to drive around like this, its gonna take me a few days to get new shocks ordered and on and I drive to and from work all week. Also I can only afford new rear shocks at the moment, Ill be fine to put some Bilstien 5160's on with stock front correct?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
You can drive without shocks forever if you want to. It's just gonna be a little jittery.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
how much lift do you have?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
i have some stock ones if your interested haha they should work if you get the correct length... i nthink bfoster has them.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
ScreamingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the shock so that it doesn't damage the wheel and keep on driving until you get a replacement.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Im at stock height right now, I just ordered the bilstien 5100 set front and rear from downsouth motosports.

Im not an expect on shocks but the metal rod pierced the plastic, im not too sure if its bent or not, ill have to tear of the plastic to see.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Dam that sucks what were you doing and 5100 are fine the 5160 are good but there over priced for what they are
Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #9
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Almost looks like the shaft got hot enough that it melted the plastic as the plastic got bunched up, somehow.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
ScreamingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. On my monitor it looked like the rod broke and was sticking out... but now that I look closer it does look like things melted or something.