Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

King install help.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
King install help.

I'm going to install kings on tuesday. I was just wondering if everything is straight bolt on? Do the brackets that hold the remote reservoirs bolt to existing holes or do I need to drill? Do I need to remove the splash shields that protect water from splashing the lower engine/pulleys?

thanks.

before lift

After.....coming soon.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Everything is straight bolt on, the resi mounts use the existing holes where the sway bar bolts up and the splash guards can go back on after install.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskin View Post
Everything is straight bolt on, the resi mounts use the existing holes where the sway bar bolts up and the splash guards can go back on after install.
Rep for fast response and signature.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Are u ditching the swaybar? If not just an FYI that the resi mounts are also the relocation brackets......have fun.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #5

How many bolts on each side to mount the romote resi? I see 4 holes on each bracket but only two of the holes are threaded. seller forgot to include the bolts so I dont know the lenghts of the bolts either.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Are u ditching the swaybar? If not just an FYI that the resi mounts are also the relocation brackets......have fun.
I want to keep the sway bar. thats what those extra holes are for right?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a spring compressor? If not may have a hard time adjusting them.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
U shouldnt use any threaded holes on tha brackets but tha holes on tha frame are threaded, there should be two bolts per side holding up tha sway bar, remove those and put tha resi bracket on top of tha sway bar then reuse tha same bolts and screw them back into tha threaded holes
So you un bolt the sway bar and with those same bolts you bolt up the bracket? Sorry my attention span is short right now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Do you have a spring compressor? If not may have a hard time adjusting them.
Ill gonna rent one like I did for the billies currently on the tacoma.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
So you un bolt the sway bar and with those same bolts you bolt up the bracket? Sorry my attention span is short right now lol

Ill gonna rent one like I did for the billies currently on the tacoma.
Check out my build thread for what i had to do with mine
Old 03-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #12

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is four bolts per side if u keep your sway bar, 2 to bolt the resi mount and 2 to relocate the sway bar to the threaded holes on the mounts.....I could be wrong though b/c I ditched my sway bar when I put the kings on
Old 03-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think there is four bolts per side if u keep your sway bar, 2 to bolt the resi mount and 2 to relocate the sway bar to the threaded holes on the mounts.....I could be wrong though b/c I ditched my sway bar when I put the kings on
i just put some foxes on earlier this week and there were only two bolts per side and i kept my sway bar
Old 03-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
Trailpimpin is just really niceTrailpimpin is just really niceTrailpimpin is just really niceTrailpimpin is just really nice
Trailpimpin's Tacoma Gallery
King Install

The coil overs are pretty easy to install. Its much faster with the ucas off IMO. I added Camburg ucas so mine had to come off any ways. Also a coilspring compressor is a must the tool they provide is a joke for adjusting. You would think for that price they would have a way better system! Good luck any other questions feel free to PM me.