Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" Fabtech Basic kit using OEM shocks on TRD sports

Old 03-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
6" Fabtech Basic kit using OEM shocks on TRD sports

Anyone running this kit, does it ride pretty well or is it better to just get coilovers and go full out. Also, has anyone done the basic kit and later swapped out for ICON 6" coilovers or kings?

I want to do 6" lift and the Fabtech basic seems like best bang for the buck. Thanks for any input in advance.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
Anyone running this kit, does it ride pretty well or is it better to just get coilovers and go full out. Also, has anyone done the basic kit and later swapped out for ICON 6" coilovers or kings?

I want to do 6" lift and the Fabtech basic seems like best bang for the buck. Thanks for any input in advance.
1.Yes I am.
2.Yes it rides excellent for running stock components.
3.CO's are an excellent option if you got the extra coin to upgrade. If you got it, do it.
4. If not, meet in the middle and replace the stock struts with bilstein 5100's until you got the money to upgrade to C/O (if you want to, not needed).
5.Icons (6") are only available for Pro Comp 6" lifts
-Not sure about king 6" C/O
Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
bsteinkamp is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
bsteinkamp's Tacoma Gallery
Just had my lift installed getting a lot of vibration throught all speeds?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
Motoxerc0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
1.Yes I am.
2.Yes it rides excellent for running stock components.
3.CO's are an excellent option if you got the extra coin to upgrade. If you got it, do it.
4. If not, meet in the middle and replace the stock struts with bilstein 5100's until you got the money to upgrade to C/O (if you want to, not needed).
5.Icons (6") are only available for Pro Comp 6" lifts
-Not sure about king 6" C/O
Im pretty sure my68ur8trd is running icons on his fabtech.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsteinkamp View Post
Just had my lift installed getting a lot of vibration throught all speeds?
Vibrations where? Have you checked the tire pressure? Most times if you havent, shops just pump them full of air and install them. My truck had 59PSI in all 4 tires when they installed them and they vibrated the entire truck loose it seemed.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #6

It feel like the drive shaft but might be tire pressure i guess it get louder the faster i go?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It feel like the drive shaft but might be tire pressure i guess it get louder the faster i go?
That might be drive shaft then
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxerc0 View Post
Im pretty sure my68ur8trd is running icons on his fabtech.
Hmm weird never seen. And also it says on Icons site that they can only be used with Pro Comp lifts but that dosen't mean squat on this site
Old 03-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #9

I had King coilover on my truck then installed the Fabtech 6" lift it has the front about an 1" or more higher than the rear thus took them out and but the stck ones back it. So far I've been happy with the ride and looks.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
Motoxerc0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Hmm weird never seen. And also it says on Icons site that they can only be used with Pro Comp lifts but that dosen't mean squat on this site
Yeah check out his build. I don't think he had any issues with them.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had King coilover on my truck then installed the Fabtech 6" lift it has the front about an 1" or more higher than the rear thus took them out and but the stck ones back it. So far I've been happy with the ride and looks.
That's Fabtech Basics with TRD Bilstein OEM up front? The height looks perfect to me. And if it rides well that's pretty much what I'd be going for. Did you get the dirt logic rears? Also what size tires you running...
Old 03-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #13

Just have the standard shocks in the rear got some vibration going to take it back to the shop. I'm running 285/70/17.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #15

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
I hope it comes through, your truck is lookin great already