harmfuljays is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1/3
Name: J
harmfuljays's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for this thread.

Looking at this kit from Toytec

3" lift kit with Bilstein 5100 Height adjustable Coilovers
Old 03-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #42
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
With lift coils, you loose some downtravel. You'll lose the downtravel whether you go with Eibach coils or preload your stock coils. At 1.6" of lift, it's not a huge deal, but the 3" guys are left with very little downtravel which is the reason for uniball UCA's and extended travel coilovers.

You can clear 265/75R16 with stock suspension, no lift so any lift you put on will just give you more room between the fender and the tire. Lifting 2' or under, you'll be fine with stock UCA's. Eibach coils are a good option, but certainly not your only option. 883's offer similar lift as the Eibachs but have a lower spring rate. OME 884's give you about 2" of lift and again have a lower spring rate. Both the 883's and 884's can be run with stock UCAs and can both be paired with either OME shocks or 5100's.
Thanks for the great info!! I will look into OME coils aswell. I have Yoko Geolandar AT/S 265/75/16 and they still rub occasionally after removing front mudflaps. I assume it has to do with the 4.5bs of the rims as well and the fact they are 31.9". For instance BFG AT in that size are actually 31.7" or so according to their site.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #43
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
Go with the full 3 in from Toytec like this
Full 3" lift will require new UCAs (like you have) to maintain suspension caster. Looks like the OP is trying to keep the cost down. Around 2" lift is recommended if running on stock UCA.

Toyota's TX Baja package contains a 2" front lift on stock UCAs.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #44
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Thanks for the great info!! I will look into OME coils aswell. I have Yoko Geolandar AT/S 265/75/16 and they still rub occasionally after removing front mudflaps. I assume it has to do with the 4.5bs of the rims as well and the fact they are 31.9". For instance BFG AT in that size are actually 31.7" or so according to their site.
Yes , you're rubbing because of your wheels

I used to run 265/70/17 Hankook MT's on my stock Sport alloys with the front flaps on and no rub
Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #45
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
If you do the 885 coils with 1500s up front and the AAL will you need new UCAs?