Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best Reasonable Lift

Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
BrocksTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Hunter
BrocksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Best Reasonable Lift

I want to lift my 06 tacoma im shooting for 2-3 inches and after researching on here mostly i think want to go bilstein 5100's just in the front and add a leafs in the back that way im saving some money, get a lift, and hopefully dont beat the front end of my truck so bad. Opinions please
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

Sounds like a plan. 5100's will only get you to 2.5" of lift max and it gets you there by adding preload to your stock coils. It will ride much firmer and, of course there are always better options, but it is a decent, budget friendly lift.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
sounds decent for the money..........Id suggest matching the rears with 5100s

what size AAL are u looking at?
Brock, this guy stole your taco
Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
still here in the garage all warm and cozy

Yeah but did you check to see if your trans. is still there ?????

Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damnit Douggers!

u say this AFTER I haz drinking?!!?!?!?!

Well Brock, its understandable, you'll need a drink when you find out its been jacked & last seen going south....
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
can i lift the rear without adding new struts?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
If you go with the Eibach coils you get three right? Thats at least what I have interpreted.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocksTaco View Post
Yes but the stock shocks might not ride the best with the stock shocks. They may not be strong enough to properly dampen the ride. I also wouldn't go too much taller with the stock shocks because you can top them out and break the shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
If you go with the Eibach coils you get three right? Thats at least what I have interpreted.
For 2nd Gens, the Eibach coils give you 1.6" of lift depending on the model. The 1.6" is for 4x4 double cab V6 models. If you pair them with 5100's you can add another .85" to that by kicking up the shock seat one setting. Toytec makes another kit to get you to 3" of lift that's a combination of 5100's set at .85, Eibach coils and a thicker top plate.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #10
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok thanks guys. I was under the impression that with them at 5100s you got the full 3in for all models
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrocksTaco View Post
I put a one inch block on the rear with the stock TRD Off Road shocks and it rides great. Never bottoms/tops out, hits the bump stops, no problems. Ride is perfect. If you don't tow or haul a lot of weight, I'd suggest blocks instead of an AAL. Many people will say differently, but as long as you're not putting a big 3inch+ block in back, you'll be fine.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
I put a one inch block on the rear with the stock TRD Off Road shocks and it rides great. Never bottoms/tops out, hits the bump stops, no problems. Ride is perfect. If you don't tow or haul a lot of weight, I'd suggest blocks instead of an AAL. Many people will say differently, but as long as you're not putting a big 3inch+ block in back, you'll be fine.
Why would you recommend blocks over an AAL in any situation?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #14
Tortoise*

Blocks are bbbbaaadddd. Unless you dont tow, or off road, or in extreme cases of mall crawling.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #15

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
Blocks are bbbbaaadddd.
Fixed
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Why would you recommend blocks over an AAL in any situation?
Not any situation. Like i said, if you DON'T tow or haul heavy loads, i'd suggest blocks. Our trucks are super light, and AAL can cause a really stiff ride (based on what many people have said on here and friends' experiences). I have blocks in the back and billys with 884s in the front. The ride is infinitely better than stock.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #17
just wondering what do you guys think about this? i mean im not going out and doing the baja 500 or anything but taking dirt roads and bumpy roads definetely aren't uncommon
http://roughcountry.com/toyota_4wd_tacoma_3.html
Old 03-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
just wondering what do you guys think about this? i mean im not going out and doing the baja 500 or anything but taking dirt roads and bumpy roads definetely aren't uncommon

http://roughcountry.com/toyota_4wd_tacoma_3.html
Old 03-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #19
AYYYYYYYYYYYY

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely spend the extra money and get shocks and coils for the front! Save yourself the headache (and back ache) from the rough ride, and your other suspension parts will thank you for it too.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #20
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the World, enjoy what ever u do.