Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheelers progressive squeak, one side.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers progressive squeak, one side.

Wheelers 1.5" 3 leaf progressive aal.

Squeaking horribly on driver's side suddenly. I know AALs can get squeaky but I found it odd that it has only been on maybe a month or less and it just started suddenly and only on one side. Its dark out now but everything seems tight from what I can tell with bare hands and a flashlight. Wasn't squeaking earlier today, now, it sounds like a fifty year old ford ha

So, normal? or Something is loose? Other?

Thanks fellas
Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Heyo!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #3

:en forcer:
Old 03-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #4

Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Damn man, its been less than an hour and you bumped it 3 times?????

Ya, its normal and the otherside will catch on too! Not shit you can do about it. They get dirty and they squeak!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #6

I have insomnia and was bored/delirious haha

thats what i feared, just hoped it would last more than a month. . .

oh well

thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I think the DIY will last for a bit but can come back......mine prob started after the first trip oofroad about a month after they were done! Thery're not as loud now, or maybe I'm just used to it!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I think the DIY will last for a bit but can come back......mine prob started after the first trip oofroad about a month after they were done! Thery're not as loud now, or maybe I'm just used to it!
i never got to the DIY because the squeak doesnt really bother me. i noticed when i go in the snow/mud and or wash my truck the squeak returns lol...then it will go away after a few days.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Stop the squeak!

Here is what I did when I installed mt 3 leaf aal.

Looks a bit ghetto but damn it's quiet. Just get an old inner tube and slice it open then cut to length

Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #11

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
No shit? Wow that looks cool actually!