LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Base model vs factory lifted suspension.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
ScreamingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Base model vs factory lifted suspension.

When I swap my suspension I plan on selling my TRD suspension as a lift kit for someone running a base model.

I'd like to confirm that all they need is the front coil overs, rear shocks and rear springs; and that the remaining suspension and steering components are the same?

What do you figure would be a fair price on an almost new suspension off a 2012 TRD Off-Road?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Your TRD coils aren't going to provide any lift to a base model 6-lugger. 5-lug base models can not use parts from a 6 lug. To answer your question, 6 lug parts are interchangable.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sell it as OEM suspension.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sell it as OEM suspension.
/thread
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingTaco View Post
When I swap my suspension I plan on selling my TRD suspension as a lift kit for someone running a base model.

I'd like to confirm that all they need is the front coil overs, rear shocks and rear springs; and that the remaining suspension and steering components are the same?

What do you figure would be a fair price on an almost new suspension off a 2012 TRD Off-Road?
As noted by others, there is no truck that will be able to get a lift out of that.

I think a fair price would be $150 or so for everything.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
5-lug base models can not use parts from a 6 lug.
Curious about why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I think a fair price would be $150 or so for everything.
Yeah... not worth much if it's of no use to anyone.. is it.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingTaco View Post
Curious about why?
The suspension is different.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
completley different
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^this. 5 luggers were built with a different suspension system. Could have been cheaper to build, lighter, who knows why Toyota did it.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
Huge Member

Army:
Well... that's that idea out the window.