Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Want lift... first time... what should i get

Old 12-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Want lift... first time... what should i get

I have a Stock 07 TRD ive had it for a year now and i wanna start doing stuff to it.. i went to ORW and looked at the fox shocks with the resivuars (idk how to spell) i want to go like 3-4"..... can i get some help on what to look for and what would be the best thing for my truck.... and i dont wanna half-ass it either.... thanks
Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
There are no 4" lifts for the front. Pay now and do it right and get either the Bilstein 5100s for the front or any of the replacement coilovers like King, Sway-A-Way or Icon Dynamics. Why just lift the front and not the rear?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i would like too but money is an issue. i saw some one with a 3 inch in front it looked nice
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have to be honest with you, it's going to look really weird just lifting the front. Go ahead and save the money for the rear as well. You said yourself you don't want to do it half-assed. What's more half-assed than lifting half of your truck?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I have to be honest with you, it's going to look really weird just lifting the front. Go ahead and save the money for the rear as well. You said yourself you don't want to do it half-assed. What's more half-assed than lifting half of your truck?
ok i know ill just save up
Old 12-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
ok i know ill just save up
Smart man. Now do some research on this site and decide what to get so you'll know how much to save for.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #7
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Smart man. Now do some research on this site and decide what to get so you'll know how much to save for.
i got a quote from ORW in san marcos for 3" all around fox with resivuars wheels and tires for fricken $4000 thats too much for me.... so im just gonna lift it first and see what to do from there
Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
bite me

Yeah, that is fricken expensive! Take a look at Wheeler's for some other options on just the lifts.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoma.htm
Old 12-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
right on man thanks
Old 12-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #10
TEXMEX TACO
alexamado is on a distinguished road

alexamado's Tacoma Gallery
You can also look at www.toyteclifts.com I ended up getting the OME coils/shocks with tsb and aal and i love it. I didn't break the bank either and its a good quality lift. Coilovers are great but you need to ask yourself is the lift for looks or true off-roading? Don't get me wrong, i can do some great off-roading with my set up but but my truck is a daily driver. I kind of pamper it.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #11
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Toytech or Revtek. I highly recommend, saving for UCA's (UpperControlArms) before you install the lift as well. You will be much happier in the long run, along with having the satisfaction of it being done too.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:32 AM   #12
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There are no 4" lifts for the front. Pay now and do it right and get either the Bilstein 5100s for the front or any of the replacement coilovers like King, Sway-A-Way or Icon Dynamics. Why just lift the front and not the rear?

there are ways to get a 4" in the front. camburg lift 4" lift spindles but you need to use aftermarket shocks. also total chaos has 3.5"lift spindles that when set with aftermarket coilovers you can achieve between 3.5"-6.5" total. but that set up can get very expensive.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #13
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
thanks evereyone
Old 12-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #14
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i don't know how much you want to spend but camburg has some really nice coilovers. i just put them on my truck and i really like them and the ride is really nice! but they can be a little pricey for some people. I think I paid $1600 for the coilovers and UCAs and thats just for the front. I'm planning on getting the deaver rear leafs with bilsteins when i get more money saved up, i think its going to be around $800 more. in my opinion, if you have the money, do it right the first time. but if something like toytec is more in your price range..i've never really heard of people having problems or disliking it so i'm sure you would be happy either way
Old 12-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #15
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i want 4" bilstein 5100s what do i have to absolutley have to get em installed
Old 12-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/21470-icons-sale.html good deal!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #17
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys since what i want doesn do 4" hwat system should i use.... i hear alot about daystar

EDIT: acctually the revtek 3" with rear blocks sound good..... would that work well for my truck
Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #18
bite me

Don't use blocks for the rear, they'll give you axle wrap, which isn't good. Get some replacement leaf packs or AALs for the rear.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #19
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
what is your budget?

I would SKIP spacer lifts, Revtec/Daystar/etc. Go with a set of shocks and coils and an AAL or new leaf pack out back. Get new UCA's while you are at it.
Quote:
Don't use blocks for the rear, they'll give you axle wrap, which isn't good. Get some replacement leaf packs or AALs for the rear.
+1 to both!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #20
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
my budget is what works best for the cheapest? haha idk i want it to be good