LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon 2.5 C/Os + King 14x700 Springs

Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #41
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Air Force: Active Duty AF physician
Name: Shane
Dr. Sleep's Tacoma Gallery
With this preload, here is my lift measured from center of wheel to fender edge:

Old 04-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #42
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Same lift measured from ground to fender edge, with approx, 33" tires:

Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #43
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleep View Post
For comparison purposes, here is the preload on my Tacoma. Granted, I have a Warn 8000 winch and All Pro steel front bumper adding weight. I have about 2 inches of preload left I could use.

That is about where I was with a stock bumper in the front I think I will have maybe an inch and a half of preload when the bumper and winch are installed...
Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #44
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I got the bumper and winch installed today. I had to crank on the coilovers a little, but they sill have aBout less than 2" of threads showing. I drove 75 miles today, and I have to say, it is a tad bit stiffer than with the 650lb springs, but still way better than with my 5100s set at 2.5"...I will post some pictures of the threads tomorrow
Old 04-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #45
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Nice, glad to hear of a good solution. Once my bumpers get here I'm going to have some serious preload to keep the lift up on the icon springs, so I will most likely swap out to the kings. Do you have a part # for the king springs or how much they cost, did you get them from King or through DSM?
I got them through DSM, I think they were only like $93 each. Don't know the part number. You can see them on their site though. Go to the king shocks, then the spings, they are the 3" ID springs, 14" long and 700 lbs.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #46
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread guys, I have SAW 2.0 coil overs with 2.75 of preload that is only giving me 1.75 of lift

I think I will order some 700lb king springs and try them out, I need to level my truck a bit since I have 4" of rake with all poo expo springs in the back.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #47
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
Great thread guys, I have SAW 2.0 coil overs with 2.75 of preload that is only giving me 1.75 of lift

I think I will order some 700lb king springs and try them out, I need to level my truck a bit since I have 4" of rake with all poo expo springs in the back.
If you have the 2.0 you will need the 2.5" ID springs
Old 04-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #48
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
correct

I think I have 2.5 x 13" in there now and they are 650lb

It dropped about an inch with a steel bumper and ifs skid
Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
They only have 650lb springs for the 2.5"....

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-16...-0-length.html

Maybe I will see what eibach springs I can find
Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #50
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Awesome thank a bunch man, +1 to you. i will be ordering these later this year once my COs are due for a rebuild
Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #51
I love your mom!

Quote:

I would call Icon to see what they recommend. I know that Eibach discontinued the spring for 3". That is the spring Icon recommended I get, but Marco at DSM said King made them and could ship them the following day. Worked out well. Call him and see what he says...
Old 04-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #52

Quote:

You don't want the 2.5". This is the internal diameter of the coil. Your shock body is 2.5" external diameter (if it's an Icon) . . . it wouldn't fit.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #53

^^ Nevermind. I see you have SAW 2.0" external diameter
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #54
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You don't want the 2.5". This is the internal diameter of the coil. Your shock body is 2.5" external diameter (if it's an Icon) . . . it wouldn't fit.
I have SAW 2.0's. Just did some measurements as I just wound them up some more, I now have 3.25" of preload on each side and only 2" of lift.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #55
I love your mom!

Quote:

IIRC, Icon made a 2.0 (2") coilover before it made a 2.5 version. If he has a 2.0 set up, then yes he will need a 2.5" spring.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
IIRC, Icon made a 2.0 (2") coilover before it made a 2.5 version. If he has a 2.0 set up, then yes he will need a 2.5" spring.
Yeah, you're right. But I think they were known as Donahoe Racing when they had the 2.0" shockbody.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #57
I love your mom!

This is where I am at with the bumper and winch on and measuring 23.5-24" from center hub...

Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #58

What's the ride like now compared to before and compared to stock?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #59
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, you're right. But I think they were known as Donahoe Racing when they had the 2.0" shockbody.
Pretty sure hoe's were 2.5's!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Pretty sure hoe's were 2.5's!
I think the first coilovers Donahoe made for the Tacoma were assembled by Sway-A-Way and were 2.0" external diameter shock bodies.