Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon 2.5 C/Os + King 14x700 Springs

Old 06-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #141
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest anyone who wants to change their springs to a stiffer / higher spring rate just do trial and error like me. If you don't like the pre-load, get a heavier spring and use less pre-load. The more shit I added the more stiff coils I needed, went from 885s, to 886s to 600# kings then 700# kings when all said and done, everyone will tell you different suggestions for their particular application but it basically boils down to what you have (on your truck) and what you need.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #142
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I suggest anyone who wants to change their springs to a stiffer / higher spring rate just do trial and error like me. If you don't like the pre-load, get a heavier spring and use less pre-load. The more shit I added the more stiff coils I needed, went from 885s, to 886s to 600# kings then 700# kings when all said and done, everyone will tell you different suggestions for their particular application but it basically boils down to what you have (on your truck) and what you need.
Some like to do things once vs 4000 times
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #143
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Thats me. I like to do it right the first time. Maybe twice, but at that point, I like to be done.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #144
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Anyone paint their blue coils any other colors and if so what did you use?
miine came in silver from eibach thru icon
Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #145
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I don't think I'm over thinking it. Some people, including myself, like to be conscience of what we are doing to our vehicles in real time. For example, there was a member that I met up with the other day. He says to me, any performance mods or anything? Nope, not yet, I reply'd. He drove my truck. I have ALL my gear, tools, fridge, EVERYTHING in it. He says, My truck is a little peppier/ faster. We got back and looked at his truck, I had over 500# more stuff in it. He had a small tool box, and bed cover, with a bull bar. Taking ithat into account, we determined I had about an additional 500# more.

SO when we are modding and improving one aspect, inevitably, we are taking away from something else, given it might be in gas mileage, or in HP to weight ratio.

I'm going SC soon anyways, so that is not a huge concern right now. Still, it is nice to know what your actual specs are while in the process of doing it.
My Demello isn't a bull bar...

Matt
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #146
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
LOL - its funny, right after you came, there was another member that showed up on saturday. he Did have a bull bar. but we were comparing with his. I mentioned to him that another person, you, was over a prior and said the same thing.

Oh, and the break light thing was just low fluid. As soon as you left, I filled it up and it went out.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #147
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
LOL - its funny, right after you came, there was another member that showed up on saturday. he Did have a bull bar. but we were comparing with his. I mentioned to him that another person, you, was over a prior and said the same thing.

Oh, and the break light thing was just low fluid. As soon as you left, I filled it up and it went out.
That's why I was confused, I asked the same exact thing about your performance mods, etc...

Good to hear about the brakes...I had wondered if it was just because we had squirted out some while testing.

Matt
Old 06-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #148
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think I'm over thinking it. Some people, including myself, like to be conscience of what we are doing to our vehicles in real time. For example, there was a member that I met up with the other day. He says to me, any performance mods or anything? Nope, not yet, I reply'd. He drove my truck. I have ALL my gear, tools, fridge, EVERYTHING in it. He says, My truck is a little peppier/ faster. We got back and looked at his truck, I had over 500# more stuff in it. He had a small tool box, and bed cover, with a bull bar. Taking ithat into account, we determined I had about an additional 500# more.

SO when we are modding and improving one aspect, inevitably, we are taking away from something else, given it might be in gas mileage, or in HP to weight ratio.

I'm going SC soon anyways, so that is not a huge concern right now. Still, it is nice to know what your actual specs are while in the process of doing it.

I'm gonna try to be more concise this time: you're overthinking it.

The weight of your vehicle varies up to 800lbs or more depending on passenger load alone. Armor and cargo mods affect not only acceleration and braking but also mileage, aerodynamics, handling, long term repetetive frame stress.

Unless you have a fully functioning wind tunnel, cad/cam software, and an auto engineering degree, there is no way you're going to account for all these items prior to field testing.

Piddly silliness like adding up armor weight on the front end prior to coil choice may make you feel better, but in real world application its making no difference. Especially once you and fat bob get in the front seats and add an immediate 500lbs of load on the front suspension. But enjoy your placebo effect.

Trial and error works for some. I'd argue to investigate *enough* ahead of time. Including knowing enough to know when extra effort won't make a real world difference
Quote:
Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #149
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
miine came in silver from eibach thru icon
Ya but did you get them in 650 or 700?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #150
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
mathis has the 700# springs

this, i wouldnt have posted in the thread if i had 650# plus thats whats already on the Icon's.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #151
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just ordered some new 14" 3.0 700# king coils for my icons from ORW
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #152
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just ordered some new 14" 3.0 700# king coils for my icons from ORW
Just thought I would mention we make our own 14" x 700lb coil engineered by ICON and produced by Eibach.

ICON Vehicle Dynamics
www.iconvehicledynamics.com
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #153
Previously "MGMTacoFF"

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
Just thought I would mention we make our own 14" x 700lb coil engineered by ICON and produced by Eibach.

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Matt
Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #154
Milowilli
Milowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Miles
Milowilli's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pair of blue king 700lb 14 in for sale. Used once and removed..$100.00
Old 06-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #155
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Some like to do things once vs 4000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Trial and error works for some. I'd argue to investigate *enough* ahead of time. Including knowing enough to know when extra effort won't make a real world difference
Truer statements have never been said, although I (and probably a few other members) didn't think I would add a plate bumper, then I didn't think I needed sliders nor did I think I wanted skids, or a heavy winch and not to mention 400 lbs of tools, gear and spare parts in the bed. I don't really have the cash to buy it all at once so I couldn't do it right the first time, per say, but I don't mind having to change something up once in a while (not "4000" times ) just to refresh my memory and I certainly don't mind taking my older parts off and giving someone less fortunate than me a really good deal. Just throwing my $0.02 in the discussion.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #156
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Truer statements have never been said, although I (and probably a few other members) didn't think I would add a plate bumper, then I didn't think I needed sliders nor did I think I wanted skids, or a heavy winch and not to mention 400 lbs of tools, gear and spare parts in the bed. I don't really have the cash to buy it all at once so I couldn't do it right the first time, per say, but I don't mind having to change something up once in a while (not "4000" times ) just to refresh my memory and I certainly don't mind taking my older parts off and giving someone less fortunate than me a really good deal. Just throwing my $0.02 in the discussion.
Point made. I am in the same boat as you, however, the question was for someone who PLANS for a winch, bumper, armor, ect....
Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post

ICON Vehicle Dynamics
mother f*+cker I just cancelled my order hopefully they haven't shipped from king. It totally slipped my mind that you guys have them now from eibach. Will some one please me plead
Old 06-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #158
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
mother f*+cker I just cancelled my order hopefully they haven't shipped from king. It totally slipped my mind that you guys have them now from eibach. Will some one please me plead

im pretty sure i said that in this thread before u ordered. cuz u asked me about it.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
anyway if you decide to order the Icon/Eibach ones the part number on my box when they arrived and the one I received on the invoice was

ICON 158508
thanks I'll look into those

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
im pretty sure i said that in this thread before u ordered. cuz u asked me about it.
Ya ya you prob did but I got tunnel vision the for a sec I guess, totally forgot
Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #160
cmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Artem
cmanhonor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milowilli View Post
I have a pair of blue king 700lb 14 in for sale. Used once and removed..$100.00
Pm'd