Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon 2.5 C/Os + King 14x700 Springs

Old 03-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Icon 2.5 C/Os + King 14x700 Springs

Has anyone tried this set up with a bumper to compensate for it's weight? Icon told me to go this route....I have an ARB with winch....
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
I know JLink, josh, upgraded his icons with a higher spring rate spring... pm him or check his build
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
jespi11 will become famous soon enoughjespi11 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
jespi11's Tacoma Gallery
What is the spring rate the icons come with? I've been thinking of doing this so I can take some of the preload off the coils and still keep the height.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The original rate is 650....the 700 lb ones are only $93 each from DSM. This is what Icon told me to do...
Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
jespi11's Tacoma Gallery
Also check out poly performance for the springs. They have both king and eibach springs for a decent price
Old 03-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat. My icons have a ton of preload but a 700lb spring would be way too much for just an ARB. Idk what to do haha
Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTaco28 View Post
I was in the same boat. My icons have a ton of preload but a 700lb spring would be way too much for just an ARB. Idk what to do haha
Bumper with winch....the shipping weight is like 350lbs has to be at least 250lbs
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #10
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

My ARB is around 85 lbs and icon said their coil would easily handle it. Don't the icons use a 13'' coil tho?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #12
I love your mom!

Quote:
My ARB is around 85 lbs and icon said their coil would easily handle it.
Joo has 1st Gen
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #14
jespi11's Tacoma Gallery
The king and eibach coils are only offered in a 12 or 14" coil.... No 13
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespi11 View Post
The king and eibach coils are only offered in a 12 or 14" coil.... No 13
Ya that's why it isn't a perfect fit
Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did Icon even figure out what's up?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Did Icon even figure out what's up?
I called separate times and this is what was told to me 2 times, by 2 different people...
Old 03-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #18

They said they will get back to me 3 times lol they were supposed to call today at noon when i talked to them this morning but that never happened. Guess I'll call again tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
jespi11's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1st gen as well and didnt have any problem getting the info I needed. I spoke with them earlier this morning and they told me the coils I would need. I'm just a little hesitant on getting the 700# coil because I only have the stock bumper on