1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need input on rear leaf fix

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mutilatedjak, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mar 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    mutilatedjak

mutilatedjak [OP] n00b waffle

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB TRD Sport 6spd
    BP-51s, Dakar leafs, ARB bumper, 4xinnovations rear HC, 3x trail camera, pure android, lightforce 170s, Dick Cepek 255 85s extreme terrain.
    Hey all, so I need some input on this. I ordered some alcan leafs from wheelers, they were suppose to lift my truck around 1.75 to 2" (and actual lift depends on a lot of things which I completely understand) After the install, the leafs did not lift my truck, it remained at stock height. I am talking with wheelers right now, and they have been quick at responding and working with me on this, so far I have no complaints against them, I dont intend for this thread to be negative towards them. I have been offered blocks or they could contact alcan and they might replace the lower 3 leafs (going from 7mm thickness per leaf to 8mm thickness per leaf). This could/would firm up the ride, and since I dont carry much in my bed I am a little afraid of firming up the rear.

I do actually offroad, and my goal was to lift my truck about 2 inches front and rear, just a good quality and functional lift.

What do you guys think? I am a little leery of the blocks because I know people usually do those for looks rather than good offroad performance, and I am also afraid of making the ride stiffer in the rear by adding thicker leafs.

any input would be awesome!

2. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    mutilatedjak

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB TRD Sport 6spd
    BP-51s, Dakar leafs, ARB bumper, 4xinnovations rear HC, 3x trail camera, pure android, lightforce 170s, Dick Cepek 255 85s extreme terrain.
    self bump!
    :mudding:

3. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    If alcan will give you new leafs, I'd swap them out. They probably will be stiffer but if you off road and flex them out, they'll loosen up. I wouldn't go for the blocks.

4. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I'd let Wheelers see what they can do first. I'd also put the overload on instead of the blocks.

5. Mar 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    mutilatedjak

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB TRD Sport 6spd
    Yea I responded to wheelers saying I would rather work with Alcan and replace a few of the leafs from the pack or something. Thanks for the responses!

Products Discussed in

To Top