Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need input on rear leaf fix

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
need input on rear leaf fix

Hey all, so I need some input on this. I ordered some alcan leafs from wheelers, they were suppose to lift my truck around 1.75 to 2" (and actual lift depends on a lot of things which I completely understand) After the install, the leafs did not lift my truck, it remained at stock height. I am talking with wheelers right now, and they have been quick at responding and working with me on this, so far I have no complaints against them, I dont intend for this thread to be negative towards them. I have been offered blocks or they could contact alcan and they might replace the lower 3 leafs (going from 7mm thickness per leaf to 8mm thickness per leaf). This could/would firm up the ride, and since I dont carry much in my bed I am a little afraid of firming up the rear.

I do actually offroad, and my goal was to lift my truck about 2 inches front and rear, just a good quality and functional lift.

What do you guys think? I am a little leery of the blocks because I know people usually do those for looks rather than good offroad performance, and I am also afraid of making the ride stiffer in the rear by adding thicker leafs.

any input would be awesome!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

self bump!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If alcan will give you new leafs, I'd swap them out. They probably will be stiffer but if you off road and flex them out, they'll loosen up. I wouldn't go for the blocks.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I'd let Wheelers see what they can do first. I'd also put the overload on instead of the blocks.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
n00b waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I'd let Wheelers see what they can do first. I'd also put the overload on instead of the blocks.
Yea I responded to wheelers saying I would rather work with Alcan and replace a few of the leafs from the pack or something. Thanks for the responses!