1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Suspension Leveling

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by QUiEtStoRm360, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Mar 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM
    QUiEtStoRm360

QUiEtStoRm360 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Rochester, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab
    Debadged, DTRL Mod, tinted windows, Satoshi Grill RR Color matched, RR color matched Grille Emblem, ARE Canopy with racks and Windoors, Dent in rear Bumper from invisible tree.
    Hola,

I've searched this topic and been unsuccessful finding something that pertains to what I have goin on... So here goes;

I have an 08' access cab with an ARE CX canopy with windoors and a rack on it. Canopy is somewhere in the 300lb range.

The factory leaf springs are still on my truck (2 standard leaf & 1 Overload), and as you all know, They are shit. Basically flat at this point.

I bought this truck "out of warranty", and at the time it didn't have the canopy on it, so it was level and my dumbass didn't check the leafs to see if they were flat.:mad:

So....

The ass end of my truck sits 1-1/2" - 2" lower than the front.

I have an XJ and that is what I use for getting my wheelin / offroad fix, so I'm not interested in lifting my truck.

I know I could do an AAL from Wheelers, but my concern is that I will destroy it quickly considering the stock leaf pack is crap at this point and the brunt of the weight will be on the added leaf. Same concern for putting on bags, (bags will be supporting all the weight basically all the time).

i've been unable to find a new leaf pack that doesn't lift the truck and/or reduce load capacity...

What I'd like to accomplish is level out the ass end with the front and hopefully gain a bit more load capacity (if possible).

My question is this; what do you guys know of that could level out the rear without losing load capacity or breaking the bank?

FWIW: I do tow trailers on a weekly basis mainly: tools, firewood, logs etc. I'll even throw the XJ on a car trailer and drag it behind the yota when need be...

Thanks in advance,

J

2. Mar 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    QUiEtStoRm360

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Rochester, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab
    Debadged, DTRL Mod, tinted windows, Satoshi Grill RR Color matched, RR color matched Grille Emblem, ARE Canopy with racks and Windoors, Dent in rear Bumper from invisible tree.
  3. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    QUiEtStoRm360

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Rochester, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab
    Daily BTT... Come on guys, help a brotha out !

4. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You're correct about the AAL, it will work but you'll trash it fairly quickly because it'll be supporting all the weight. It might take a couple years if it's just a daily driver though. It also might give you more lift that you want if the front is still stock.

Air bags would be a good secondary option. There's no issue with them supporting weight 100% of the time, they will be acting as a helper to your weak stock springs and can be adjusted depending on the load you have.

Another option would be something like Timbrens. They're basically a load-carrying taller than stock bump stop. Wheeler's Off Road sells them.

5. Apr 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    QUiEtStoRm360

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Rochester, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab
    Timbrens?
    I'll look into that, thanks for the response !

Products Discussed in

To Top