Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon UCA's

Old 12-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Question Icon UCA's

Has anyone heard of these and the pros and cons of them. I was told by my parts guy that htese are the best out there with greater adjustability. But $1100.00. Any info would be great and could not find on here if somone has already asked this question.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
Has anyone heard of these and the pros and cons of them. I was told by my parts guy that htese are the best out there with greater adjustability. But $1100.00. Any info would be great and could not find on here if somone has already asked this question.
they really dont do anything the TC or Camburgs dont. They have a cover for the uniball, but I dont think that is an issue. OH, they look pretty sweet.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Not worth $1100 IMO! I've never heard or seen a pair of Total Chaos UCAs fail.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
X2.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
they really dont do anything the TC or Camburgs dont. They have a cover for the uniball, but I dont think that is an issue. OH, they look pretty sweet.
Now i was told by the shop that the Icon's are adjustable to where the TC are not as that there is adjusters in and out for the camber or toe in. I might have got this mixed up. This true or not.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Chris, just got my Truck back from the shop with the alignment done, What a dream these TC UCA's are!!
Taco084gb you dont really need to spend the extra cheese on the Icon's.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Chris, just got my Truck back from the shop with the alignment done, What a dream these TC UCA's are!!
Glad you like them. Now you see why I recomend them to everyone who has a lift. Worth the money!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Great guys thanx for the input. Do ya have the part No. for the ones U are running and if they will work with the ARB lift which is the heavy duty coils and shocks by OME?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Glad you like them. Now you see why I recomend them to everyone who has a lift. Worth the money!
Worth every penny!

Quote:
Great guys thanx for the input. Do ya have the part No. for the ones U are running and if they will work with the ARB lift which is the heavy duty coils and shocks by OME?
these are the ones and place
They should work
Old 12-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #10

Quote:
http://www.chaosfab.com/96504.html
They will work with your lift.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
dammit............gonna take me a while to save for the tc uca's!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure that Icon's are billet aluminum and the Total Chaos are not.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
X2.
I'll do my best, guys!

As for the OP, the Icon UCAs are about as indestructible a piece as you'll find. If you're pushing hard enough to need something that strong, you're likely to break something else along the way.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
dammit............gonna take me a while to save for the tc uca's!!!
Just wait until the 25% ebay cash back comes around again and buy them on ebay through downsouthmotorsports.

Buy it now price $650 w/ free shipping.

I got $162.50 cash back .
Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I'll do my best, guys!

As for the OP, the Icon UCAs are about as indestructible a piece as you'll find. If you're pushing hard enough to need something that strong, you're likely to break something else along the way.
If you break the TC's, I want to be first in line to buy the broken arm off ya.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Just wait until the 25% ebay cash back comes around again and buy them on ebay through downsouthmotorsports.

Buy it now price $650 w/ free shipping.

I got $162.50 cash back .
you wanna send me a link to the ebay cash back??? havent heard of that deal yet!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #17

Here is the thread with the intructions. Its actually a Microsoft cash back deal, but works on ebay. They are always changing the cash back percentage so you gotta stay on top of it. It was just at 30% like 2 weeks ago, its at 8% now.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...-ton-ebay.html
Old 12-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Here is the thread with the intructions. Its actually a Microsoft cash back deal, but works on ebay. They are always changing the cash back percentage so you gotta stay on top of it. It was just at 30% like 2 weeks ago, its at 8% now.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...-ton-ebay.html
thanks for the link man. im definitely gonna remember to check that when i buy on ebay again!!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
thanks for the link man. im definitely gonna remember to check that when i buy on ebay again!!

There are a few restrictions, maximum of $200 cash back per day, $2500 per year, and a total of 12 eBay transactions per year. Make sure to make them count.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #20

Quote:
There are a few restrictions, maximum of $200 cash back per day, $2500 per year, and a total of 12 eBay transactions per year. Make sure to make them count.
that should work perfect for me, seeing as how maybe $300 is the MOST i have ever spent on ebay in one day, and per year....i may buy one or 2 things. so now i reckon......im gonna be looking on there for tc uca's and for a hi-lift!!!