Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lower Control Arm

Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
kodiakkid is on a distinguished road
kodiakkid's Tacoma Gallery
Lower Control Arm

I am looking going to be replacing both of my lower control arms in the near future. I have looked around the site and found info on the lower ball joints, but not a lot about replacing lower control arms with the ball joints already installed. Anybody done this before?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you replacing the lower control arms? You can replace the bushings if that's what needs replacing.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...acoma-4x4.html
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think many people go the route of aftermarket LCAs. I THINK they're available, but it's more costly. As far as the goes. I think you basically just pull the LCA cams and ball joint/knuckle bolts, and swap in the new LCA.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
kodiakkid is on a distinguished road
kodiakkid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I don't think many people go the route of aftermarket LCAs. I THINK they're available, but it's more costly. As far as the goes. I think you basically just pull the LCA cams and ball joint/knuckle bolts, and swap in the new LCA.

The reason i am wondering is, From what i have heard, replacing front lower ball joints can be a pain in the a**. I took my truck in for an alignment and they said my lower ball joints are shot so i need to get new ones. I have a feeling they are going to charge me close to 500 bucks per side to replace them. If the are going to charge me that much, i might as well buy 2 lower control arms with BJ installed and do it myself and save a few hundred bucks. Any thoughts?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
These might help if you're the DIY type...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...05-tacoma.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eneral-bs.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...05-tacoma.html
Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #7
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed