Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP! Missing nut for lower strut assembly bolt

Old 03-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #21
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
just throw any old grade 8 bolt/nut/washers in there with a similar diameter. as long as your not wheeling nothing will get messed up if the bolt diameter has some slop.
That isn't going to work.

OP

Nuts are cheap. *snicker*

Just stop by Lowe's or HD and grab one 16mm fine and one coarse thread. And one 14mm fine and one coarse thread. Screw one on to see what fits, return the other three. If you have calipers, measure the outside dia. It will cut the guessing game down.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #22
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
chris4x4 where are you?! haha
Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #23
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

OP

Nuts are cheap. *snicker*

Just stop by Lowe's or HD and grab one 16mm fine and one coarse thread. And one 14mm fine and one coarse thread. Screw one on to see what fits, return the other three. If you have calipers, measure the outside dia. It will cut the guessing game down.
I might end up buying a digital caliper in the process of all this
Old 03-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I might end up buying a digital caliper in the process of all this
Ok, the nut just got more expensive. *snicker*
Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #25
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
You could take off the other nut from the other strut in your driveway, bring it to home depot in a 2nd car, then compare sizes until you find the right one for the one that is missing.
This.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #26

Quote:
Ok, the nut just got more expensive. *snicker*
When I was making this thread I almost titled it " Nut help" or "Help, lost nut"
Old 03-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #27
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When I was making this thread I almost titled it " Nut help" or "Help, lost nut"
That happens when you say "I do"
Old 03-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
That happens when you say "I do"
lol but then it would have to be plural "nuts"
Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #29
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Wait what the fuck. When did prerunners have CV axels!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Some people in this thread are fucking stupid.

This made my day
Old 03-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #30
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
duct tape
Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Tacomania View Post
duct tape
there i fixed it
Old 03-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #32
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
So did you get your nuts back?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
So did you get your nuts back?
I have one left. Hopefully lowes will be able to help me out with my missing nut
Old 03-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have one left. Hopefully lowes will be able to help me out with my missing nut
FWIW, I lost a nut off something for my shell and I went to a small local hardware store. The guy grabbed a handful of nuts and we went to the parking lot til we found the one that fit. Sometimes the smaller shops are much better to deal with for stuff like that.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #35
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
why not? hell I would do it if I had 2. I cary a bag full of grade 8 nuts/bolts/washers just in case something like this were to happen
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #36

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
why not? hell I would do it if I had 2. I cary a bag full of grade 8 nuts/bolts/washers just in case something like this were to happen
Because standard won't go on metric threads and it will only make things worse
Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #37

im just gonna try a few different 19mm nuts and hope I get lucky.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #38
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Im pretty sure 19mm is the socket size, not the size of the thread. A 19mm shaft/thread would be huge
Old 03-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #39

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Im pretty sure 19mm is the socket size, not the size of the thread. A 19mm shaft/thread would be huge
*snicker*
Old 03-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #40
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
The nut for this bolt is the same as the nuts on the bottom of the trailer hitch (if you have the tow package). The bolts that connect the stock rear bumper to the hitch. The top of the bolt is covered by the plastic cap on the bumper.

Last year at a meet we noticed someone missing that same nut. We were able to remove the nut from the hitch receiver and use it since we were not towing anything.