Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP! Missing nut for lower strut assembly bolt

Old 03-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #41
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
The nut for this bolt is the same as the nuts on the bottom of the trailer hitch (if you have the tow package). The bolts that connect the stock rear bumper to the hitch. The top of the bolt is covered by the plastic cap on the bumper.

Last year at a meet we noticed someone missing that same nut. We were able to remove the nut from the hitch receiver and use it since we were not towing anything.
Now that's good information to know!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #42
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I was about to say there has to be a nut on the truck somewhere that will fit it that you can go without for a little bit. That would have been my first place I looked.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #43
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you don't get it figured out I've got a shit ton of them here I could send one out.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #44
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Take the other nut from the opposite side, go to a hardware store, put it on one of the little thread finder displays and figure out what its pitch/count is. Buy a grade 8 nut to replace it. If not, I cannot recommend it, however any grade nut should be able to do a 'temporary' job... do not offroad etc... until your dealership gets one in stock. The strain is on the bolt, not the nut. Don't overtorque and put a little blue loctite for security.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #45
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
10.9 bolt not grade 8. Grade 8 is standard. 10.9 metric. I think that bolt may be 8.8. Either way go to Home Repo and buy one to hold you over till the dealer gets the right bolt in stock. Do not zip tie.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #46
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the replys everyone. I went to lowes and auto zome and neither had the size I needed. I ended up getting a smaller version of what was already on there to hold me over. Ill be getting my nut from the dealer today hopefully

P.S. thank you to the mod that edited my title

+1 to DB