Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP! Missing nut for lower strut assembly bolt

Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
HELP! Missing nut for lower strut assembly bolt

I was checking my truck over at lunch and saw that I am missing the nut that goes on my lower strut assembly bolt. the only thing holding it in place right now it the bolt and the weight of the truck

I found the part number but my yota dealer doesnt have it in stock...
If anyone knows the correct size I am going to see if lowes has something that will work.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its the nut that attaches the LCA to the strut
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Goto yota dealer buy nut. Or hd buy grade 8
Old 03-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Goto yota dealer buy nut. Or hd buy grade 8
i called and they said they didnt have it....I also dont know what size i need...thats why Im asking, hence the reason I made this thread
Old 03-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Call the dealer. If you have a part number they should be able to tell you size. Then go buy a nut that size/thread pitch
Old 03-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
You could take off the other nut from the other strut in your driveway, bring it to home depot in a 2nd car, then compare sizes until you find the right one for the one that is missing.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Some people in this thread are fucking stupid.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
zip tie it in there so it won't fall out with at least 2 criss crossed zip ties and one on the threads

Just take it easy until you get a new one.

Those bolts are a PITA to get out when the trucks on a lift so I doubt it's going to walk itself out.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Call the dealer. If you have a part number they should be able to tell you size. Then go buy a nut that size/thread pitch
dealer didnt have size, just part number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
You could take off the other nut from the other strut in your driveway, bring it to home depot in a 2nd car, then compare sizes until you find the right one for the one that is missing.
thats probably what I'll do tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Wait what the fuck. When did prerunners have CV axels!?
obviously not my truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Some people in this thread are fucking stupid.
this
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Excuse me sir but fuck you.

I know how you feel man. I lost a bolt from the ball joint to the spindle and my truck was a lawn ornament until Toyota could get it from Kansas. Order it and they can get it next day.
yea the guy said he can probably have it in tomorrow but I am doing a 5k mud run in the morning and I want this shit fixed asap
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Fight nicely kiddos
Old 03-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
yea the guy said he can probably have it in tomorrow but I am doing a 5k mud run in the morning and I want this shit fixed asap

just throw any old grade 8 bolt/nut/washers in there with a similar diameter. as long as your not wheeling nothing will get messed up if the bolt diameter has some slop.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Fight nicely kiddos

*runs and hides*
Old 03-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #14

Quote:
You can be confusing at times
I posted that picture just for reference. Im am a prerunner, therefore I dont have cv's
Old 03-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Same thing happened to me with the rear shocks a while after installing my lift. I'm guessing when we put on the billies we probably hand tightened them down and didn't torque them cause the bottom nuts were missing on both shocks. I can't remember off hand but I believe it was a 12 or 14mm bolt on the back shocks. Not sure if it's the same size bolt on the front shock though. Not much help I know
Old 03-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
just throw any old grade 8 bolt/nut/washers in there with a similar diameter. as long as your not wheeling nothing will get messed up if the bolt diameter has some slop.
whats funny is that the washer is still there just sitting on the bolt...haha
Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Fight nicely kiddos
But, but, but he started it!

Wait... I started it. Damn. I'll leave now.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...help-asap.html

same thing happened to me, except on the rear. Just went to a hardware store and picked up a grade 8 nut
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Same thing happened to me with the rear shocks a while after installing my lift. I'm guessing when we put on the billies we probably hand tightened them down and didn't torque them cause the bottom nuts were missing on both shocks. I can't remember off hand but I believe it was a 12 or 14mm bolt on the back shocks. Not sure if it's the same size bolt on the front shock though. Not much help I know
im pretty sure the front is 19mm after looking through chris's sticky. Im gonna swing past lowes on the way home.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #20
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
whats funny is that the washer is still there just sitting on the bolt...haha

that is funny...I bet the nut just fell off if that's the case.

I might be able to check the thread now.

*walks to warehouse looking for large nutz to try on bolt*