1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

totec spacers to bils 5100

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by PPD934, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Dec 16, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    PPD934

PPD934 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double TRD
    Running bars, tinted window (, TSB mod ,885 coils, OME shocks up front, AAl and procomp 9000 out back, partially debadged/black out the others, weathertech floor mats, grillcraft grill, TRD skid plate
    I have installed the toytec 3" lift spacers on the front of my 06 tacoma. I started looking at the threads on here and saw the bill's 5100's are not too bad on price at all. Will the 5100's set on 2.5 give me the same affect at the spacers.... also will the ride change, handling, better or worse?? which one is better to have.....

2. Dec 16, 2008 at 5:19 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Your not going to want to get the 5100's and set them on 2.5" with the stock springs, it leaves only about an inch of down travel. to get proper lift with them you will need new springs too. You can use OME 884 springs with reg cab and accesss cab but use the 885 spring with the double cabs. Personally I like the or you can get the 5100's and to lift front and rear

3. Dec 17, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    PPD934

Member:
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double TRD
    Running bars, tinted window (, TSB mod ,885 coils, OME shocks up front, AAl and procomp 9000 out back, partially debadged/black out the others, weathertech floor mats, grillcraft grill, TRD skid plate
    so what are the advantages of the coil overs vs spacers.... And in your opinion would you save for the coil overs or uca's first. note i already have the spacers up front and tsb and AAL in the rear..

4. Dec 17, 2008 at 9:45 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Actually, even useing a replacement spring, your still going to have the same amount of travel. The only way to get more travel is to replace the UCA. The 5100's achieve lift by compressing the stock spring, but they are valved for the increased spring rate (wich happens as the spring is compressed), therfore, the ride is much better than the spacers. A replacement spring is even better still, but you will still have the same down travel issues. The Tacoma suspensions travel is limited by the ball joint, and shock travel. the only shocks that offer more travel than stocck are extended coil overs, or the OME n140s shocks. Both of these options need to be used in conjunction with a replacement UCA. :)

5. Dec 17, 2008 at 10:35 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    ^^^the master has spoken.

6. Dec 17, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    PPD934

Member:
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double TRD
    so in other words the uca's come first for the best ride quality. then the 5100s and new coil overs will do the final trick. but UCA's first and more most is a must have on the 3 inch lift

7. Dec 17, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Don't replace the UCAs until after the lift. From what I understand, if you put the Total Chaos UCAs on the stock suspension, there's too much caster to get a proper alignment. ALthough, I don't know just how far it's off...

Products Discussed in

To Top