Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

body lift vs. truck lift

Old 12-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
body lift vs. truck lift

Advantages? Differences?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
a body lift is a truck lift. the two lifts are suspension and body. i believe that u will find everyone here will tell u to go w/ suspension lifts.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You mean body lift vs Suspension lift?

Body lift only lifts the body off the frame. No gain in ground clearecne and IMHO looks terrible.

Suspension lift does exactly that. Increases ground clerance and can improve your suspension (better flex, ect.)

Suspension lift > body lift

Also, I am not aware of any body lift out for the 2nd gen Taco
Old 12-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
suspension......most def. When you do body lifts, you see way to much of the frame........looks horrible, IMO.

also, how high are you wanting to go? and for what reasons? looks or offroading?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
You mean body lift vs Suspension lift?

Body lift only lifts the body off the frame. No gain in ground clearecne and IMHO looks terrible.

Suspension lift does exactly that. Increases ground clerance and can improve your suspension (better flex, ect.)

Suspension lift > body lift

Also, I am not aware of any body lift out for the 2nd gen Taco
Thats what i meant. I figured thats what a body lift was.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1012 View Post
suspension......most def. When you do body lifts, you see way to much of the frame........looks horrible, IMO.

also, how high are you wanting to go? and for what reasons? looks or offroading?
3 inches...average height. Offroading/trails, etc.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
3 inches...average height. Offroading/trails, etc.

cool. You'll be much happier with the suspension lift!

do it. fast. and get pics!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
a very simple answer to your somewhat complex question is this....a body lift is just that. it lifts the body of your truck off of the frame. the highest lift i've ever seen on a body lift is 3". a "truck lift" as you called it will lift your truck using the suspension. generally you put longer springs (if using coils) or and extra leaf or two (if using a leaf spring) to push your truck up further into the air. there is no limit to how high you can lift your truck this way if your wallet is big enough. hope that helps a little. some other guys here can more accurately answer this with a bunch of technical talk. i'm not one of those guys. hope it helps a little
Old 12-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
a very simple answer to your somewhat complex question is this....a body lift is just that. it lifts the body of your truck off of the frame. the highest lift i've ever seen on a body lift is 3". a "truck lift" as you called it will lift your truck using the suspension. generally you put longer springs (if using coils) or and extra leaf or two (if using a leaf spring) to push your truck up further into the air. there is no limit to how high you can lift your truck this way if your wallet is big enough. hope that helps a little. some other guys here can more accurately answer this with a bunch of technical talk. i'm not one of those guys. hope it helps a little
yeah it helps. so basically the body lift is the shitty way of doing a suspension lift?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
yeah it helps. so basically the body lift is the shitty way of doing a suspension lift?

well, its a shitty way of lifting your truck if you want to clear a little bigger tire. its also not as safe. the only benefit i can think of is that it can be very inexpensive.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
well, its a shitty way of lifting your truck if you want to clear a little bigger tire. its also not as safe. the only benefit i can think of is that it can be very inexpensive.
yeah i heard it is inexpensive. but whats the point you can do the same thing with suspension lift and be better off